Parking at Port of Tampa

Does anyone know the cost of parking at the Port of Tampa? We will be on the Sensation from August 30 to September 4. Also, do they take credit cards or is it cash only? We are trying to decide if we will book Sunday night with Sailport's cruise package or just get a room someplace and park at the port. Any suggestions??

We parked in the parking garage last May for our Sensation cruise.

We drove from Tennessee and got to Tampa on Saturday evening late and on Sunday morning we went down early in the morning to see another ship boarding. It was so early like 8am and just the port people there so we drove by and saw a port authority guy standing there and ask a few question and check out where everything was and what we would need to do. So we were set for the next morning to board and park.

It's really nice you get a ticket when you go in and pay when you get back when you go through the exit booth.

What we did was I took an envelople and put the ticket and the money over the visor. That way I was sure that I would have the "cash" to pay for the parking at the end of our cruise just in case I spent all the money;)

Also the porter that helped with our luggage took it all the way from the luggage pick up area at the port bldg. right with us through customs to our car inside the garage and loaded in the car for us. A Super guy, of course we gave him a little more than $1 or $2 for each piece of luggage.

I think that we had 2 large and one small suitcase + garment bag and carryon + folding cooler. If I recall my DH gave him $10.00+ but it was worth that not having to carry you luggage across the street and then all the way to where your car was park.

Our cruise was in May last year and of course the weather was hot, but the car was quite cooler being in the covered garage. A pleasant suprise.

Have a wonderful cruise.

You can also go to the web and search for Tampa Port Authority and all the information you will need should be there. Directions, cost, etc.

Archived