Question regarding gel-cell batteries

petguy

According to NCL website: http://ncl.com/more/special_services.htm

gel-cell batteries are the only type allowed in these electric scooters on board. Yet sealed lead-acid batteries are FAA approved for airline travel. My question is: Is the NCL website outdated in specific area or is this enforced as written on their website?

Thanks to anyone that can help...Dale

You should ask the special needs department. Just because the airlines allow something doesn't mean the cruise lines have to allow it. The airlines *prefer* gel cells because they don't have to remove and pack the batteries; and to be honest it's less hassle for travelers too. There could be some similiar thinking with the crusie lines. Anyway, the special needs department should be able to give you an answer.

Candy

I am sailing this Saturday aboard NCL Sun. I'm taking my scooter with me and when I contacted them about it they didn't even ask what type of batteries it had. (Mine does have gell-cell). They were more interested in whether or not it was collapsible and what my medical conditon was. They also wanted something faxed from my TA.

Like Queenie2 says...best to give them a call.

Toni

OK guys...Two calls today and neither provided the fruit! First call 20 mins. on hold and was given a second # to call. Second # called twice but couldn't hold for more than 30 mins. since I was at work...Oh well, try again tomorrow if I get a chance...

Thanks again, Dale

Just wanted to let everyone reading this know that it DID get worked out. They will allow a lead-acid battery on the NCL Spirit as long as it is sealed. Thanks again for your responses, glad to have it worked out.

Dale

Archived