FWD vs. AFT

wcopel

I just received my documents with my cabin assignment on the EOS inside 7519 question... is this FWD or AFT and what is the difference in the quality of the ride. I assume that FWD is the front and AFT is the back of the ship. Also what is good site to view the ship to determine the relationship of my cabin to the rest of the ship....elvators..dining...pool..ect. Thanks Willie

Willie,

Just go to the RCCL web site, select 'Find a cruise - Ships' and then select your ship. On that page you will find a link to the deck plans for every deck on the ship and it shows cabin numbers as well as elevators and major venues.

7519 is a FWD cabin and yes you are right meaning it is towards the front of the ship. Look on the RCCL website and click on the Explorer. You can check out the deck plans and pin point exactly where your cabin is...

Forward you might might hear the grinding and clunking of the anchor being raised and lowered and the bow will raise up and lower back down in rough water.

Aft is a smoother ride...that's why the dining rooms are towards the aft, or back of the ship. Sometimes you will hear the propellers churning.

No matter where you are, you will have a great time, I'm sure. We have been just about everywhere on a ship over the years, and it really never mattered to us. You will find all sorts of opinions here on this board...just go with the flow and have fun no matter what.

Archived