Pre booking Captain Marvin

Cruiser_Rich

We will be in Cayman Islands in October with one other ship in port. Is it necessary to purchase the Captain Marvin string ray trip now or should there be plenty of room when we arrive. Still hurricane season and I would hate to lose the money if we are diverted.

We will be in Cayman Islands in October with one other ship in port. Is it necessary to purchase the Captain Marvin string ray trip now or should there be plenty of room when we arrive. Still hurricane season and I would hate to lose the money if we are diverted.

I called a booked our excursion and was told that they just need to the credit card to reserve your spot. They rather you pay with cash when you get there, and your card isn't charged if your boat doesn't make it.

I got the following email regarding their cancellation policy:

Our cancellation policy is that if for any reason your ship cannot stop here on its scheduled day, or arrives too late for you to take our trip, you will not be charged. If you need to cancel your reservation for personal reasons, please do so at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged.

Ruth

We've used them twice. You give them a CC # and they "hold" a spot for you. You pay the day you are there for the excursion. If your ship is diverted, your card isn't charged. We held spots with our CC, but paid in cash. The only time they will charge you is if you the ship arrives, but you don't show up for your excursion (you decided to go off and do something else).

I'd book now. Grand Cayman is making the mistake of allowing way too many ships in port. There are only so many spaces on boats, and I'd want to book with a reputable tour company, like Captain Marvin's.

We're going back in January, and plan on using them again. They are just such nice people. :)

Hey Cruiser_Rich, I see you are on the Triumph with us...we are also looking to book with Capt. Marvin...did I see earlier that you have a teen with you? My 14 yr. DS is considering not coming this year because his 15 yr. old bro has decided to stay with friends due to school committments. We are trying to find other teens onboard! We have booked all our excursions privately, and have never had a problem, we had a tropical storm one december in Cozumel, and had to cancel a snorkel tour, and their was no problem, and no charge on our credit card. I have heard only good things so far about Capt. Marvin, so I wouldn't worry. See you onboard.

Archived