Do the TA adjust the price ?

desicruiser

My cruise ticket price has almost gone 20 % down after I booked my cruise. Do the TA adjust the price?

Usually not without you asking, and this should have been something you negotiated with them up front on how they handle it, some do and some don't...

If you booked through a TA they are the only ones that can get the price adjusted. Carnival will only deal with them. Most can get it as long as you are not past final payment which seems to be the gray zone.

If it drops after final payment, then you should get on board credit.

rvrgirlQuote:

Originally Posted by CruzVinnieCruz

If you booked through a TA they are the only ones that can get the price adjusted. Carnival will only deal with them. Most can get it as long as you are not past final payment which seems to be the gray zone.

This subject has come up on before and some get OBC and some get room upgrades. The last cruise we took in June the price dropped after final payment and the best we could do was an upgrade.

with some agents you get nothing after final payment. Its one of the things I make sure when I am booking a cruise and get it in writing. Lost a lot of money once (its enough right?)

and the agent lost future business.

with some agents you get nothing after final payment. Its one of the things I make sure when I am booking a cruise and get it in writing. Lost a lot of money once (its enough right?)

and the agent lost future business.

Wow, guess I just have a great TA. In fact, just checked the price of my cruise today. It went down another $30.00 per person. I just e-mailed my TA. This is the second time the price went down, since we booked. The last time my TA called me and adjusted accordingly.

Never had a problem with getting on board credit after final payment if the price dropped again. Guess I won't be changing TA's anytime soon:D

To clarify we used a Carnival PVP not a TA. Also we talked to different supervisors trying to get the OBC but were turned down. We also booked our next cruise with the same PVP afterwards and he told us that Carnival is more likely to give room upgrades instead of OBC after final payment in the future. I guess we'll see how it goes with other posters.

There are no rooms available in my catogry..and carnival won't allow me to downgrade my ticket.....:mad: I could have save 400$

Hmmmm....sounds like another reason to use a regular travel agent/professional instead of booking directly with a PVP that works for Carnival?

Judy

Guest YesitDonna

I am cruising in 6 days and just notice a change in my cruise. I went from an Inside 4a to an Outside 6D and got a $20 OBC to boot!!!! My friend is also going and I called to tell her and she was able to get the same deal. I was glad to be able to tell her about it since it will be her anniversary so it's a nice little present for them! Oh, and we both used different agency and they were both booked online orignally so it is possible to do even then.

After final payment it gets dicey, especially if you were booked in a GTY. A lot of times, you might lose the upgrade in order to receive the OBC. On our upcoming cruise, it was about half and half on our roll call. We were one of the lucky ones and got to keep our 2-cat upgrade and got an OBC of $140. Not too bad considering we were already discounted with the MIL rate.

Dave

To clarify we used a Carnival PVP not a TA. Also we talked to different supervisors trying to get the OBC but were turned down. We also booked our next cruise with the same PVP afterwards and he told us that Carnival is more likely to give room upgrades instead of OBC after final payment in the future. I guess we'll see how it goes with other posters.

The wind changes and so do CCL's guidelines. About 4 month's ago it was practically impossible to get rate reduced,offer upgrade, OBC andd then if the TA was insistent reduce the price. Now there is no problem, although that does depend of circumstances. TA's often turn down a refund since it means a "decrease" in the comms, and it is so easy to just blame CCL.

I deal with one of the big internet TAs that don't begin with T or O. My TA informed me that they would always adjust the price but it would be my responsibility to check this and call them. They simply have too many customers to take that step for everyone. Hey, no problem right? I am one person and if it means saving $$$ I can certainly be proactive in watching prices. As it works out, concurrent with the last "One Day Sale" the price of my cruise dropped $50 pp. I called and my TA got the rate adjusted without hesitation. Of course, I am still 5 months out but I've been reading here in the last few days that folks are getting upgraded or OBCs 2-3 days before sailing. I guess my stance is, I am going to ask regardless, the worse they can say is, "Nope, doesn't apply to you." Either way, if I am 3 days out, I am one happy camper!!!!!

Guest YesitDonna

I don't see why they wouldn't but it's surely worth a call. I always book with online agency's and have gotten upgrades and such after booking.

Archived