Docs Dance and it gets better, thanx Princess

comfortcove

Background...DH and I were going to skip our annual fall getawayfromitallalonetogether cruise this fall. Two kids in college, one starting high school, and just completed an expensive kitchen remodel in May. DH got an unexpected, relatively small bonus mid July for a job well done. He said it was his, not to be added to the general family finances, and he wanted to spend it taking a cruise with me. Being the compliant type that I am, I got busy researching good fares and dates that would work for us. Found the CB, nice balcony, good rate, $100 onboard credit per booking, and so it was done. About a week later I got a coupon in the mail from Princess for a $200 obcredit for new bookings only on the CB in the time frame we had just booked. We have never cruised with Princess before, mainly RCCL, X and HAL. Called TA, she said maybe, she would try, send it in. Took time out to send it to her with a cover letter, thinking it was a way longshot. Well, she called, said Princess would apply it, but never send me confirmatory email as promised. I called her, still no email. Checked my Princess several times, showed 100 credit. No big deal, we have never had a cruise ob credit, so I was still happy. Well, our docs arrived today, and we have a $350 ob credit. How very nice of Princess and TA. I am getting very excited about this cruise from reading the boards. Staying one night precruise in FLL, so 24 days and counting. Happy cruising to all, comfortcove

Glad to hear you had a good outcome with your OBC. The My Princess is pretty inaccurate. I had my TA send me the documentation that had my OBC printed on it and I got it in the mail. I just wanted to have proof in case of a snafu.

Have a great cruise!

Archived