Newport, RI ~ Oct.21st

Mgram

I know that this is a tender port. We have friends picking us up for the day. My question is, WHERE in Newport does the tender 'land'......where exactly is the tender dock? I am somewhat familiar with Newport, having been there 3 times on land trips....but my recall might be a little fuzzy. I forgot to mention......we will be on the Star Princess. I would think the tender docks would be the same, but just in case wanted to clarify that.

Thanks!

The tender dock is located at the north east corner of Newport Harbor. Coming from the land side on America’s Cup Blvd towards Newport center, it would be at the first light after the Newport Transportation Center, assuming NTC is on your right as you pass it.. Since there is very little parking in the immediate area and there will be tour buses waiting for the pax, you could arrange to meet your friends at the NTC which is about 1 block north of the tender dock or they could walk to where the tender dock is and sit on the park benches there..

Enjoy your visit to Newport.

SBtS

• 4 weeks later...

Mgram, sounds like we will be on the same ship! We are also heading for NE & Canada on Oct 21st on the Star Princess. This will be our first cruise to that area and we are really looking forward to it. Hopefully there will still be some fall color but since we aren't used to seeing much of that at home even a little bit of color will be exciting to us!

Mgram & TravelinTexans - Welcome to the Oct. 21 on the Star...We have quite a good roll call going in the roll call section and wanted to invite you both over to check it out...There are plans for a get together as well as bunches of information to check out

Archived