shipping luggage

AndyPanda

Ok, it sounds great to ship your luggage to your ship to be delivered to your cabin.

This may avoid a lot of hassle. Don't have to deal w/ weight limits, etc.

BIG question remains: How do you ship it home? From the ship, can you make arrangements?

Anybody know?

Sounds like a great idea if it can be done.

Thanks, Andy

When I checked into this it is a roundtrip deal??!! They keep the books and come back and get what they dropped off!!?? I know you have to send your luggage a week ahead of time, so I would think it would be a week before you seen you laggage after you returned home too???

I think it sounds great, I would like to talk to a company that does it though, to a real person!!! I understand some companies come to your doorstep, some you take to their office and some are at locations you have to go to??? so really check into it!!!

good luck and post if you do use one.....I think we all would like to know the outcome!!!

I looked into cruiseshippers which had a link on CC. I it pricey but souds great. I'd rather have teeth pulled than schlep my luggage around to airports and the cruise port. My concern is that it would actually get to the ship on time or I would be "ship out of luck."

Has anyone done this?

I am very curious myself. I am from Mass and we always have to rent a mini van because of the luggage count for our ports in NJ that we leave from. (for the 4 of us for a 9-12 day I have 13 bags, that includes 4 carry ons and a laptop). If this service worked, we could save on the expense and inconvenience of this rental. Would love to know who has tried this.

Most cruise lines do not accept shipped luggage to their ships, so you need to make special arrangements for your luggage to be shipped to a place other than the dock and then you have to take it to the terminal yourself. Only the luxury lines will allow shipped bags and using only their contracted shipping agents. I know from experience that Carnival, RCCI, Celebrity, Princess and all the rest will not accept shipped bags. Crystal, Cunard, Seabourn and Silversea will accept shipped bags.

As for shipping home, the result is the same---the mass markets won't do this for you. You would have to find a way to get the bags to the local shipping office, or see if they will meet you outside the terminal at a specific time to take your bags.

It's not cheap to do----one bag from Chicago to FLL can cost nearly $200 one way, including insurance.

So, I went to CruiseShippers & got some info.

If I ship a bag of 75 pounds it will cost about $400 round trip...picked up from & delivered to home.

They will take it to the ship, & it will be delivered to my cabin.

This sounds a little expensive but worth considering.

It also sounds a little too easy to be true.

Another point...What if I want it delivered to the ship in Tahiti...then shipped home from Hawaii? Getting confusing!

Archived