pre requesting shore excursions-update

kevinsmom

hi,

i had posted last week asking how long it took to get confirmation on your shore excursions and i just wanted to let everyone know my story. i am sailing on the dawn in 2 1/2 wks, we have 4 cabins. i pre registered for some shore excursions online and never rec'vd any conf. from NCL. so i decided to call them yesterday. well...it was all screwed up!! they had some of the excursions correct for some of us but not others. some just weren't even booked, it was the weirdest thing. meanwhile i entered each one the same exact way...so what the hell happened?? i asked and he said, "well it could have been entered wrong (uh, no, otherwise, they wouldn't have anything) or something could have happened"....ahh!! the answer i was looking for! unbelieveable. normally i don't register ahead of time, but i took the time to do it, so i was pissed and then he tells me that he is sending me conf. right then to my email....did i get it??? as you can guess NO. so at this point, i am left to decide whether to check on it yet again, or just assume everything is a-ok. my advice...don't bother registering ahead of time...or just call them to do it.

Gina

i am gonna ask my husband...i don't even know where to look for spam folder! but of course, it still doesn't explain the screw up to begin with!!

thanks again

This has been a cronic issue. The best plan is to register online and call to confirm. The problem as I understand it is human error. You enter it online it is printed and then an agent books the excursions and sometimes sends an email to confirm.

Interesting side note, they don't seem to use the email you put on the form but rather the one in your profile. They continue to send emails to the address that I used when I first registered online with NCL years ago. In my case it is a work address and still valid. In many other cases it could be a long expired hotmail account.

thanks...i did look in the spam folder and don't see anything there. when the guy said he would send the email he was going to use my husbands, which was what was coming up for the reservation, but i gave him my email address. i even spelled it and he confirmed numerous times, but i guarantee you he spelled it wrong when sending it. but i am going to try and call tom.

Gina

Gina,

I put my land excursions thru via FAX - couldn't find where to do it online for my cruise. I will let you know if I receive anything as it appears we leave on the same date.

Also, in the past, any confirmations on my itinerary was sent via email and YES, it came thru AOL in my regular mail, not SPAM BUT it was not identified at all. I accidentally came across it several weeks later and by the time I had contacted them via phone about it, they had cancelled the reservation. NEVER received a notice thru snail mail which is what I requested.

If you are able to get a VOICE on the phone, then by all means, phone again. I can't even get a voice.

GOOD LUCK :-)

Barb :-)

At least you didn't go online to find that your DH was booked with another woman (same name.. different address) in your stateroom! LOL..they fixed it and very were nice about it. Have never had a problem with the shore excursions...just entered the proper codes and we had tickets in our stateroom when we arrived. Always had a pleasant customer service rep assuring me "I" was the one booked!

I did cancel a snorkeling trip the night before in Roatan and had no problems getting a refund. I would definitely keep calling to get it straight and always ask for the name of the rep you are speaking to, then write it down, for a reference if you need to call again. Yes, I know it is not fool proof, but it does seem to help to have a name. Hopes this helps!

Send my shore excursion request for Spirit via Fax on Friday night(07/09/04). Received confirmations on all 3 cabins on Monday(07/12/04). Received 2 confirmations in the morning and the other one in the afternoon. Got both e-mail confirmation and fax confirmation.

Archived