Cabin C231 Grand Princess?

kittikat

Hello, I am taking my first cruise on Princess 12/9/06. We are booked into cabin C231 and were thinking about upgrading into a mini-suite and was wondering if anyone had an opinion? It seems I make have gotten lucky to get Caribe deck with a larger balconey??? , so am not sure if I should pay the difference for a mini-suite???. Also the most important thing, is there a CHOCOLATE buffet? Any other info you could share would be greatly appeciated. Thanks, and happy cruising. The worst day on a ship is better than the best day at work! :)

On our first ever cruise on the Grand we booked a a mini-suite on Dolphin deck because there were three of us travelling and we needed the extra bed. The sitting area is nice and so is the larger bathroom with a full tub instead of just a shower. The balcony is a good size but is uncovered and some people don't like the idea that people on the higher decks can look down on them. Didn't bother us however.

If we were to do it again, and if there were only two of us, I would not consider the mini-suite worth the extra money.

Sorry, no chocolate buffet that I am aware of!

C231 is fairly far forward - a long walk to food venues.

Should you hit heavy seas, you may experience some pitching motion. We were in C-250 on sister Golden, on a rough transAtlantic 8-02, and had bow slap spray raining down on our balcony. Pretty bumpy for awhile!

Hello, I am taking my first cruise on Princess 12/9/06. We are booked into cabin C231 and were thinking about upgrading into a mini-suite and was wondering if anyone had an opinion? It seems I make have gotten lucky to get Caribe deck with a larger balconey??? , so am not sure if I should pay the difference for a mini-suite???. Also the most important thing, is there a CHOCOLATE buffet? Any other info you could share would be greatly appeciated. Thanks, and happy cruising. The worst day on a ship is better than the best day at work! :)

Hi, Kittikat. Can't help with your question because we've never done a mini-suite but did want to invite you to come join the 12-9 Grand Roll Call! We have a big, fun group, including one very dedicated chocoholic! Come see us!

Becky

Hi, Kittikat. Can't help with your question because we've never done a mini-suite but did want to invite you to come join the 12-9 Grand Roll Call! We have a big, fun group, including one very dedicated chocoholic! Come see us!

Becky

I second that! I am also from the 12/9 roll call....come on over....we might have a lot of posts but don't let that keep you away, we are a pretty fun group so jump right in.

Wow! Thanks for the response everybody! I had never even heard of "roll call" till now, so have spent all afternoon getting to know everybody. I figure by 12/9 I will have all 500 pages read. Not sure if this is where I should be replying (am new to all of this) so will try to post on your roll call when I get that figured out. Thanks again! :)

Archived