where is margaritville?

Mom3Boys

Hi,

I have seen several mentions of margaritville on this board. Is this a restaurant? Is it near the port?

I am trying to decide which tour guide to e'mail about tours and I have noticed that some people go to margaritiville! Also, when doing one of the tours does any of the guides take you to the "marketplace" where you deal with the vendors or is it all mall type experiences?

Thanks,

Linda

We went to Margarittaville when we were in Jamaica last year and had a blast.. Its kinda hard to explain what it is.. but it is a restaurant/bar.. If you go there make sure you have a "cheeseburger from paradise" They are wonderful!! Its basically just dancing, eating, drinking... If I remember correctly it is 2 stories high.. On the top deck there is a hot tub.. There is a big waterslide that you can slide down into the ocean.. there is a few huge water trampolines that have a walkway thing between them and its great entertainment to watch everyone try to run between them and fall down.. Last year it was just me and my boyfriend and we originally planned on just going for a drink and then heading out, but we met a few other couples and just sat there talking and drinking and had a blast!! We even went down the slide.. We are going back in March with my boyfriends mom and our 5 kids.. so we are planning on dropping by Margarittaville for a bit so they can all experience Margarittaville and then are walking to Docs Cave Beach which is a few minutes walk from there to spend the rest of our time on the beach.. Id say Margarittaville is about a 10 minute drive or so from the pier..

Margaritaville is a great place to go. You must try to get from trampoline to trampoline. If you would like to try some real jamaican food, then you MUSt go to "The Brewery" it is mostly a locals place and have a lunch buffet for about $3US. Be sure to ask the buffet attendant if you don't know what something is. It is located cloe to Margaritaville and Doc Caves beach (which is a private beach) Hint: the owner of "The Brewery" is also part owner of "Doc's Cave Beach" and has ties to "Sandals" and snorkeling cruises. Be sure to say hello and be nice.

Directions to M'ville from the Ship. Go left at the first round-about. Pass McDonald's & KFC go left at the light and it is on the left. TAKE A TAXI. You don't want to walk past the "Market"

• 1 month later...
I think I remember seeing a Margaritaville in Key West on Duval Street.

Yes you are correct... Margaritaville is Jimmy Buffet's place. He has them all over... Orlando, Las Vegas, New Orleans Montego Bay, Negril and Ochos Rios Jamacia, Cancun. I have been to all of them but the ones in Jamacia and I hoping to stop at the ones in Mo-Bay and Ochos before we leave.

Im a parrot head what can I say....:cool:

Wastin away again in Margaritaville.......

Yes you are correct... Margaritaville is Jimmy Buffet's place. He has them all over... Orlando, Las Vegas, New Orleans Montego Bay, Negril and Ochos Rios Jamacia, Cancun. I have been to all of them but the ones in Jamacia and I hoping to stop at the ones in Mo-Bay and Ochos before we leave.

Im a parrot head what can I say....:cool:

Wastin away again in Margaritaville.......

Where are you docking? Mo-Bay and Ocho Rios are about 2 hours bus ride away from each other. Negril is about over an hour from Mo-Bay as well. Drink a Margarita for me and check out the website and find the lost shaker of salt for a cool freebie.

We are docking in MO' Bay.... The hour isnt that bad although I could drink alot in that an hour...:) Of coarse I will have 1, 2, 3 or more for ya....

I went on the site and found my lost shaker of salt I just hope that I remember to bring it with me....

I cant wait to get there......

We also had a great time at Margaritaville. We rented chairs on the beach, drank wonderful frosty tropical punch (hic) and swam in the ocean.

When we had enough of basting in teh sun we joined our fellow cruisemates at the bar and had such a great laugh.

All round it was one of the most memorible days on our vacation.:D

Archived