Personal Speed Boat Excursion

samnjoc

Hello - has anyone done the personal speedboat excursion in Costa Maya or another port through Carnival? I cannot find any reviews of this ship excursion and am considering taking it for my November cruise.

I would like to find a private company rather than the ship based tour, but there does not appear to be any available on an extensive internet search. We are seasoned cruisers and choose not to do ship based excursions, but this may be an exception as I have no alternatives at this port (don't want to just "beach" it or go sightseeing). PLEASE HELP!

My family went on this excursion. The lagoon is beautiful, the swimming was great. The boats were okay, some went faster than others. But beware, you will be asked to tip everybody and everything. And if you get extra drinks at the meal (which was very good) they charge $3 per coke or water. A bit much, but what can you do? Except for being constantly asked to tip, everyone was really nice.

Great - thanks so much for the info. It sounds like the boats are not really - "speed" boats, just a way to get around. I was hoping for a bit more excitment - do you know anything about the Uvero Boat Blast compared to the one you did?

we did the speed boats w./ the family in '03. i cant remember if it was thru carnival or a private tour. if it's the same excursion...the boats seated 2 & were 14ft long. if i had to guess i'd say they go about 30-35 mph, which feels pretty fast when your hitting rough water. tipping was expected, but we found that to be true on a lot of the excursions.

Yes, I would describe it as fun, exciting and well worth it. Like you, we avoid any cattle-call-suspicious excursions and this was definitely not a cattle-call. There were probably 8 boats at the most plus two guide boats (front and rear) so you're looking at approx. 16 people.

I checked with my better half - it was booked with Carnival.

Archived