Dinner Attire for Toddler

Ga_Girl

This has probably been asked a hundred times, but I can't find what I'm looking for in a search!

We are cruising NCLA Pride of Hawaii on 9/25 with our 23 month old ds. It is Freestyle cruising, so it's pretty casual. Still, no shorts are allowed, so DH and DF will be wearing slacks and polos or button down shirts and I and DM will be wearing capris, skirts, etc. What is appropriate for ds? Can we wear shorts with a Hawaiian shirt, or is is more appropriate for him to wear pants?

Are the dining rooms cold? I mean, would he be more comfortable in pants anyway?

Susan

I know on RCCL the children are expected to follow the exact same dress code as the parents. So if there are no shorts allowed in the dining room for the parents, then the kids, no matter the age, are the same.

But, all cruising guidelines aside, every cruise we have been on has been REALLY cold in the dining rooms. They have that air conditioning cranked up. So I bet he would feel more comfortable in pants.

We sailed on NCL Dawn last year with our 2 kids (2 and 7). And, we found the dining rooms to be chilly so the kids were more comfortable in long pants. The good news is that no one really pays attention to what outfit you have on (except with regard to the dress code). So, you can wear the same slacks 3 or 4 times and mix and match the shirts/blouses. Our kids wore the same pants at least 3 times and it worked out great. And, yes, the kids are generally expected to adhere to the same dress code as the adults.

Just back from cruising with our DS who is 14 months old. He wore pants every night in the dinning room. He wore two pairs twice. On the formal nights, I put him in pants, long sleeve shirt, and vest. I bought these dressy outfits on ebay for $8 a piece. I heard several people say, "Look the baby is dressed up."

Archived