Review: Sun Princess Alaska 8/27 - 9/3/06 LONG

wspatton

Thanks for your review, Bill. Glad you had good weather and really enjoyed the ports and Tracy Arm. Your itinerary was the same as the Dawn's - yet another poster had a very different experience: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=409079

I guess this just goes to show you that two people can look at a glass and have very different perceptions of the level of liquid in it.

I have hundreds of great photos from my trip, many of Tracy Arm and the Sawyer Glaciers. No, we didn't see any calving, but I did not expect to. I understood that to see that you had to go to Glacier Bay.

I am glad that my experience on this route was a good one.

Thanks for the detailed review! I love long reviews and was especially glad you wrote about your experiences with Harv and Marv. On my trip this past June on Serenade of the Seas, I booked the whale watch through the cruise line and was slightly disappointed. Between you and a few other posters on this board, I think this company is my best option on my next cruise through the area.

"We did have lunch once at Verdi’s Pizzeria on the 8th level Atrium, and loved their Pizza. The outdoor Grille on Lido Deck 14 was open for lunch and served very tasty hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, knockwurst, and, one day, a delicious rockfish chowder and reindeer chili!"

Ummmmmm ... reindeer make very, very good sausages. I would love to have tried the chili!

Archived