Details on room number

C-U-ONBOARD

So I was so excited, I got my docs last night...wooohooo...did the doc dance...a few questions now though...I had booked guarentee....and they gave me tags with room assignment/a room number...can I assume this is my offical room? What are the chances it will change? Also, how can I find details on the room...I am not sure if it was an upgrade or not...plus I am a bit concerned because it appears according to the diagram that it has an obstruction on the right side (there are rooms to the right that stick out further then our room in the diagram, but I am a first time cruise so have no understanding of the layout of the boat)....so does anyone know about room 6220 on the Pride, any details/pics would be greatly appreciated, or just info on how to find details on my specific room...Thanks in advance...

Chances are very high that your room will stay as is. 6220 is an 8E extended balcony; I am guessing you booked a balcony guarantee, and yes, that is an upgrade from the lowest balcony (an 8A). Your view will be somewhat obstructed directly to the right, but not enough to be a hindrance to most folks occupying that room. Your view out and to the left is sweeping. Your balcony is one of the larger ones. Here is a picture from webshots showing the balcony view with the same bump out obstruction. This is one of the really long extended balconies, yours will not be as wide, but the distance from your rail to the bump out will be the same.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/273341457/1273372123064342125ddgRFS

The interior of your room will be the standard balcony cabin. Good shots are available at cruisedeckplans.com

Empress is an in between deck, not far from the top and not far from the bottom. Its a good deck. Read this Post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=409353 A couple that got a Guaranteed upgrade with the same type of Cabin with the Wall on the right side. Their TA didnt explain to them what a Guaranteed Cabin was and now they are trying to get their money back. Someone stated which made alot of sense, if you are sitting down having your coffee you will still get a view looking straight out because there are partitions on the left and right side anyways as with any balcony.

I'm not much of a balcony person and the only time we got one we spent a total of maybe 15 minutes out there just to look. When I want to check out the view I just go up on Deck to look around. I also love having my breakfast on Lido while looking out those big windows and enjoying more of a view.

Fred

Archived