On Board Credits...

St.Love

How do they work?

I just called my TA and asked them if I could get one and they said they would call Carnival and see if there was a drop in price. They did and called me back and said thatsince I paid in full already that it would be a pain to do paper work BUT never really answered by ? as to if it was a cheaper rate :rolleyes: . She just said well you got a military rate and the 1st. and 2nd. person was only 189 pp and the other 4 weren't much more. I have a feeling it's cheaper but they are too lazy to do some things to get me a credit??

Is it an easy thing to do? If I call Carnival could they help even though I didn't book through them?

BTW they got me an upgrade from the Riveriera deck to the Main deck.....

Well, first you have to know if there was a price drop. Go to the Carnival website and start to 'book' your same category room (just do it for the first 2 pax this close to sailing) and if the price for your category room is lower than the military rate you paid, then yes, you can ask your TA to go through the paperwork and get you the OBC. They may say they can only give you OBC if you give up your upgrade, however, so you have to weigh your options and preferences. It is unlikely however that the rate went lower than your military rate. But do check.

No, don't bother calling Carnival yourself, they can't talk with you if you booked with a TA.

After our cruise was paid in full, all I did was call Carnival, my PVP was out the day the prices drop and I was scared to wait until the next day, I just spoke with the nice person who answer the phone, she checked and make sure I was about price drop, spoke with her supervisor and viola , we got a OBC just like that!!! SO dont know what you TA prob is but I didnt think it was that much paperwork, but again I am not on that end of the business.....

Tina

I'm with Tina, a quick call from your TA to Carnival and an OBC could have been arranged. I think the TA did not want to go through the hassle of giving up some of the commission.

My TA made the call while i was sitting in front of him, it took about 2 minutes on the phone and he got us 2 $450 credits and a $650 credit for the 3 cabins we had booked.

Before long, St.Love, you'll be on a free cruise! My goodness...the great rate you got to start with, and the upgrade, etc.:D

Don't call Carnival. They won't 'interfere' in an outside booking. Anything else must go through your TA.

Your TA said it would be "a pain" to do the paperwork? I think in another thread (?) it was decided that you have a real loser of a TA.:rolleyes:

Archived