Cell Phone Service on sailing from Hawaii?

gbfan06

Hi everyone! Just a question to find out if anyone knows or has experience with the issue of cell phone service on the trip from Hawaii to Ensenada? I'm looking at a last minute opportunity to take the Oct 5th sailing on the Serenade of the Seas, but I need to have access to my phone (unfortunately) for messages from the mainland. I know I'll have service while we are in port and around the Hawaiian islands, what I don't know is whether there is any service available during the 4-5 days we are at sea. I know there are global satellite phones that would work, but I was hoping for a simplier solution. My service is with Sprint. If anyone has any input or ideas, I appreciate your help!

PS: I've never sailed the Pacific before, how are the seas in comparison to the Carribean?

If your Sprint phone includes the new GSM bands, you should be able to roam on the cell system installed by Cingular.

Check this website:

http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/travelguide/coverage/cruise_ships_rates.jsp?PIDL=DIR%7CWC%7CWCM&dsessionid=FQQQm0GWJ346fgdrZlXhkXRNw2qvFdB2mlqm4cmjlxf1BHNGHHGJ!-1282084815!1157660688544

LL

Archived