Deep Sea FISHING off Curacao? Good?

Learning Conformity

Hello all!

A group of friends and I are sailing on the Empress in late February/early March 2007, and Curacao is our last port. Several of us would really like to charter a boat and go deep sea fishing there (preferably trophy fishing), and would appreciate any input from others who have done it there before. What can we expect to catch, and what boats do you recommend? We are also wondering if it is better than, or equal to St. Maarten or Key West? Thanks!

-Emily

Hello all!

A group of friends and I are sailing on the Empress in late February/early March 2007, and Curacao is our last port. Several of us would really like to charter a boat and go deep sea fishing there (preferably trophy fishing), and would appreciate any input from others who have done it there before. What can we expect to catch, and what boats do you recommend? We are also wondering if it is better than, or equal to St. Maarten or Key West? Thanks!

-Emily

I found Lets Fish at www.letsfish.net, but I do not know anything about them. Has anyone gone with Capt. Olly? We have a Jan. group looking to do the same.

• 2 months later...

Dear Learning Conformity:

I just returned from Curacao (Explorer of the Seas) last week and fished on Capt. Olly's boat (no capt. Olly).

His "Captain" and mate P/U at the boat and have drinks on board for you.

The sandwiches his web site claims to provide were better used to draw fish to the boat. We did however manage to catch 1 wahoo (my sons first) 4- 1lb. tuna's and a medium baracuda in our 5 hours. The mate spent the majority of his time on his cell while poles sat idle.

If Aruba is in on your itinerary We had a wonderful fishing day there in april with huge catches similar to the lower Keys and the fishing fleet is right at the end of the pier.

If you are insistant on fishing in Curacao, there were many well equipped and nicely kept boats where Olly docks. They charge a smaall fee for p/u at the cruise pier but that would be money well spent.

good luck fishing.

steve

Archived