QE2 Autumn Colours Sep 06 Cruise

rjms74

Hello,

Is anyone going on the above cruise dep. UK 13 Sep next week?

I am surprised with the great interest in QE2's crossings that no-one else on the boards appears to be sailingon this cruise - apart from me! It is after all a crossing to NYC & then cruise around the US & Canada.

I am counting the days now and cannot wait to get back onboard - am also hoping for some reasonable good weather.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Rjms74, I'm not on this cruise but wanted to wish you well on what should be a fabulous voyage. Thanks once again for the Caronia menus that you sent a few months back. I'm looking forward to my 2007 QE2 voyage on your side of the ocean.

I suspect it will mainly be Europeans on this sailing considering it starts and ends in Southampton. I'm kinda surprised too there isn't more talk about it but just think what service you could have if you were the only one on the ship? You'll just be spoiled!

This past week the northeast coast of North America has been cool and wet for the most part but who knows. The weather can be quite nice in September but it can vary quite a lot. Last year I came back to Toronto in October from a vacation and it was warmer than San Diego in California where I left. I'd keep a eye on the weather services but generally the rule of thumb is slacks and short sleeve shirt in the day and a tad warmer for night time. I suspect it would be warmer on land on any days the sun is shining. Definitely a light jacket is required for cool days, the evenings and in the ocean. For those not in the know, it does not snow here at this time of the year!

The trees around here are just starting to change colours so you'll probably see a nice vista across the northeastern US and Atlantic Canada. Personally, I think you are travelling at the best possible time.

Enjoy your visit and Welcome to Canada!

David

Hi rjms74.

I was also on the 2005 Canadian Crossing and had a fantastic time. Weather was generally pretty good. Temperature-wise, Quebec was in the mid 20s and New York was decidedly hot and humid. Mind you, that was August into September so presume it'll be a tad cooler for this year's cruise. As it's later in the year, maybe you'll see some autumn colour?

Hope you have a lovely time!

Tim.

Regret that I'm not going this year but booked for 2007 Autumn Colours. No Westbound crossing to New York next year but an unusual, though perhaps not unique, Southampton to Québec section at the beginning of the cruise.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts or review of the cruise on your return. Have a great trip.

John

Regret that I'm not going this year but booked for 2007 Autumn Colours. No Westbound crossing to New York next year but an unusual, though perhaps not unique, Southampton to Québec section at the beginning of the cruise.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts or review of the cruise on your return. Have a great trip.

John

I had a look at that itinerary for 2007 and it seems great. I'm sure you will like our city (Quebec City) and all other cities in this itinerary.

I had a look at that itinerary for 2007 and it seems great. I'm sure you will like our city (Quebec City) and all other cities in this itinerary.

Thank you for your interest in the itinerary, although it is a year away I am very much looking forward to the cruise. Will be my first time in Canada and your city appeals particularly along with the other Canadian ports of call. Have done a little initial research and Québec City certainly looks a wonderful place.

Boston is also a "must see" for me and this cruise seemed like a great opportunity explore outwith Europe for a change.

Although we've not heard here from passengers on this crossing, from what I could see from QE2's webcam yesterday - they were having a pretty rough time of it.

I took copies of the webcam - one of which shows a wave breaking VERY high over QE2's bow. Other pics I captured show her entering a swell so high that the bow was tucking in to the oncoming swell with hardly any sky visible - an unusual sight from the bridge I'm sure!!!. Also, the roll is pretty evident!!!

Anybody interested in seeing them? Is there anyway I can post them?

I am sure most of us would love to see these pictures. I wish I knew how to instruct you.

This is probably one of the rare times that it has been impossible to avoid rough Atlantic weather. Both QE2 and QM2 are so fast that they are usually able to go North or South of bad weather and still make the destination on time. But if there's a storm to the North and the South...

The QE2 must be running into the remains of Hurricane Florence which brushed past Newfoundland a couple of days ago. The low pressure area is now centered around 47'N 35'W and is producing waves of 30-35 feet.

Another hurricane, Gordon, is also moving into this area. Currently at 31'N 53'W with winds of 90 knots, Gordon is expected to move North-East at 6 knots, which would bring it to 40'N 42'W by early Monday morning.

Alan

While this voyage has already departed its interesting to see the QE2 back in NYC as of today. Beautiful view from the ship's bridge cam. Will be wonderful to watch each day as the ship goes up the northeastern Atlantic coastline and down the St. Lawrence visiting the US and Canada at the start of the fall season. Hope our op is aware we're tracking him.

David

Archived