Tampa CC Group

alsanto

You could have joined us. We forgot the time and when we walked outside the ship was heading out to sea we could see the rear of the ship with the fin in the air. When we eat at Stump's we can see the life boat drill and hear the horn sound and see the ship begin to move away.

I need your help, Tampa CC'ers!

We're taking a last minute Sensation cruise, but had already bought our tickets to fly into Orlando.

What's the best way to get from MCO to Tampa? I DON'T want to rent a car and Carnival doesn't offer transfers from there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

I really liked the idea of going to Tina Tapa's.. I was doing my stint at the ER for this flesh eating disease I have contracted. I got home after 1 ish and felt whiped out.

Becky, did you order the small portions? Being on steroids I can eat a lot, and the regular portions were really too much for me. I liked the smaller ones to share with.

Seems all our lives are going in different directions, I am ready to plunk down a drink (when the doctor allows it) and say ... It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

You could have joined us. I wish we had checked the time, the ship usually leaves by 4:30 p.m. Our newcomers would have liked to see the ship leave, but they didn't tell us before the ship left.

Cruisemark. I don't know what to tell you. It is only an hour to an hour and a half drive to Tampa to Orlando. You could always rent a car. I would post this on the Carnival thread to any Tampa people who may be able to help you.

Lisa

Kim. we missed you at Tina Tapas. I hope that you are feeling better

Lisa:

I am not sick feeling like blah, the rash took over my body, I better do this in an email. I have been dealing with this since late June.

I missed everyone as well.

Did you call Carnival and ask them 1800-CARNIVAL? Carnival often has Charter bus lines (Meers is a charter that I see at the port alot) and asked them about a bus going to Tampa from Orlando? You might call AmTrak and see if they pick up in Orlando, the train terminal in Tampa is not far from the ship. If you took the train to Tampa then you would have to call a cab to take you to the ship. Once you reached Tampa you would need to call a cab to take you to the cruise terminal. I don't know for a fact, but it seems cheaper to me to rent a car (I know you don't want to drive). Could you change your flight to come into Tampa rather than Orlando?

I flew into Ft Lauderdale for a cruise and then flew out of Tampa going home. Check out car rentals. There was no fee from Dollar getting the car in Ft Lauderdale and returning to airport in Tampa. The car rentals will take you to the port. Free That is something to consider and then do the same going back. Depending on # of people it may be cheaper than shuttle or charter from MCO.

Kym Hope you are feeling better.

Hi Becky and family

Bye

Debbie

Hi there... I am on the mend.. actually doing a little cruise shopping this weekend, hopefully I will be up to snuff...

As for the transportation question, I have to sigh... The choices of driving, bussing or limo'ing seem to be the only avenue... Many people forget the distance between Orlando and Tampa and think it's not that far...

I hate that drive from MCO to Valrico. We made it so many times. Due to fact airfare was cheaper. But by the time we paid the tolls and spent over a hr on road and the hassles getting thru airport it not worth it. We are flying in and out of Ft Lauderdale in Oct. Carol and I made that drive in March from Ft Lauderdale to house and that was a long boring drive after the cruise. Will not do that again. When are you planning to drive down? Were flying in day before. Not sure where we will stay have to see who has best price or I can get for free. We used miles for the flights. Could not beleive we were able to get seats on Useless Air. We can usually get out of Akron/Canton. But getting from either Charlotte or Pitt to final destination is a gamble. But we did it this time. Glad you are feeling better. I was thinking this AM what I want to bring. Larry just looked at me like I was crazy. But than again he waits until last minute to pack.

I wish that person lots of luck driving from MCO to TPA hope he plans on coming a day early that way will be rested and not rushed.

Bye

Hey all.. i have searched the message boards and need some help.. You all seem very knowledgeable about the tampa area and thought why not ask.

Whats the closest hotel to the ships out of tampa... and if there is not really that close that offer a view of the ship what hotel do you recommend.

We arrive late at night the night before and so we dont plan to tour etc until after the cruise.

Thanks

Tom

The hotel closest to the port is the Windham Harbor Island. (my personal favorite) However, there is the Radisson and the Hyatt downtown.

Becareful with making reservations, Tampa has a lot of hotels that can be mistaken for downtown area.

Lisa... :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right, I forget about that hotel too... I told the man person I think we should get a condo over there, I could view the port at any time, he was not that receptive.. He said I drive him nuts now with the 7 am :p calls on Thursdays and Mondays saying,, guess what ?? The ship is in...

:cool:

Kymby

Just tell him you will be right there at port it will save time and money.

It would go over like a lead balloon around here but I would try it, better view than what I have now and worth a try!!!

My DH and my sisters roomates have to put up with us watching the travel channel.

Somewhere around 9 weeks to go. Sounds like a movie

Debbie

Well I messed up last message. Wanted to say.

Are you planning a get together again soon? We are coming down over Labor Day wknd. Not sure what all our plans are yet. I know DH wants to see his Aunt. But if you plan something and we are not busy we will come over. So he can meet some of the people he hears me talk about. Can not beleive we are coming down. Let me know. Actually come down on Wed the 1st and leave on Monday

Debbie

Archived