Soft drinks packages

spinnaker

Can anyone tell me how the soft drinks packages work please? I'm going on the QE2 and have read various descriptions of this service (and various prices). One said that it doesn't cover in-cabin soft drinks - does this mean that juices, coffee etc. have to be paid for if ordered as room service? Are such drinks complimentary in the lounges etc. even without this package, i.e. is it really just for the bars & restaurants? Is it worth it if you like coffee and juice during the day and in cabin but prefer alcohol in the bars in the evenings?

Thank you.

I just got back from a 4 day cruise from NYC to Halifax on QM2. Fantastic! The soda card was $3.95 plus 15% per day. which included all soda served anyplace. Juice, coffee, iced tea (which was delicious) are all included in your fare and not extra. Otherwise, soda is $2.05 per can with tax. I found the iced tea so good, that I did not order the soda card.

Cunard's policy on non-alcoholic drinks borders on the unfathomable.

For instance, fancy a cranberry juice? What will it cost?

In your restaurant - no charge.

In the Lido - no charge.

Whilst having lunch in the Funnel Bar - that'll be a couple of dollars.

:confused:

All of the above involve having exactly the same drink brought to your table by a waiter or waitress.

I'm just thankful that a pot of tea from room service is free - it's always much better (i.e. stronger) than that served in the restaurants/Lido/Queens Room.

I'm just thankful that a pot of tea from room service is free - it's always much better (i.e. stronger) than that served in the restaurants/Lido/Queens Room.

Do you think so? It all seems weak - the advantage of cabin service it that you can leave it to stew for 10 minuted before you drink it!

TJL,

I am going to be doing the Land Of The Midnight Sun cruise next year and I see you've done it twice - do you have any tips / advice ? I am already counting the days! I don'r suppose you fancy writing a short review by any chance?!

Any thoughts much appreciated.

I'll remember to pack my thermals!

Thanks for the link - I shall visit it often as it gets nearer the time - with great interest / trepidation!

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to experiencing those sorts of temperatures in the height of summer. That, and seeing the 'midnight sun' will be fascinating, and the fjords look majestic, even in photos.

Now, where's the suncream...;)

Very much looking forward to your review! Sorry for my impatience but I am already counting the days to the cruise and can't wait to hear what's in store!

Sorry about the delay. Promise I'll post it by the end of the week!

Tim.

Someone has kindly posted some on-board info for the QE2 which includes a section on their soft drinks package. It reads,

"...a one time payment allows you to enjoy unlimited soft drinks and juices served in a glass in any of the Restaurants and Cocktail Bars... This package does not extend to bottles water, in-cabin beverage service or to any other non-alcoholic beverages."

Does this mean that without this card soft drinks and juices must be paid for in the restaurants?

Archived