Fishing in Cozumel Friday October 20

clueless

Hi Clueless (and aren't we all?),

Also, this information was posted for another party seeking a share for fishing and thought it might help you...

I just noticed that according to Cruise Critic regulations, they recommend:

***The best place to find others who would be willing to share your tour is the ROLL CALL for your specific sailing. What better place -- you're already chatting with folks, and sharing your upcoming plans. That is the spot -- almost like "direct marketing" to those who will be on your ship. In this way, too, it accomplishes Cruise Critic's goal of not having boards full of ads....making it difficult to find the good stuff.**

Johann & Sandra

JS Tour and Travel

It is a very slow time of year. I would be very surprised if your cruise is more than 40% full. It is a good time to take trips and save a little money but limits things like finding shares for tours and charters. You and another poster here are only two days apart and neither can find a match for sharing on the right day for your arrival.

Good luck in the search. You might try to find other cruises arriving the same day and post in their forums also.

We are fishing on Oct 25. I am booked with Fishcozumel.com. Very reasonable. Im just worried about being pushed for time. I want to do a six hour but am not sure if we will have the time to. How long is your charter and who did you book with?

Fishon!

We never found anyone to share a charter and are still hoping to make it happen. Looking at Wahoo and a few others. I don't fish and will, in fact, be cheering for the fish rather than the fisherpeople!!! hahaha We're trying to find some sort of combo fishing/snorkeling charter so that I can enjoy the trip as well but, frankly, I'll have a great time just being with my DH and seeing him relax and smile.

Those are pretty standard fees.

Cozume Insider used to offer some shares..

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Fishing

You can also check out the combinations offered by Cozumel Charters

http://www.fishingcozumel.net

With four persons going, the cost would be about $100 per person for a four hour charter. That isn't too bad actually.

For the two of us, I prepaid. 337.50 for six hours. No sharing lines:D

Maybe you don't fully understand the meaning of "share charter". Typically in deep sea fishing there are five lines in tow all the time. In bottom fishing each person holds their own rod and reel.

The term "share" actually refers to the boat and the cost of the charter, not the lines, per se.

Most charter companies limit the number of guest on a boat to six maximum because of the comfort of the guest and the personal catching opportunities.

Four persons is a real good number for most boats. They can accommodate more, but you get all around better service and catch more fish per person when you limit the size of the party on each boat.

Thats what I meant, more fish for the wife and I to catch. (hopefully) The Bluefin Tuna have been hot up here in New England. Hope to bring that luck to Cozumel.

You sound like a real fishing enthusiast. I hope you catch a lot of fish and have a great day on the Mexican Caribbean.

We are 2 couples from Texas who will be chartering for a full day of fishing and snorkeling. Two questions...

1. Would you like to join us and split the cost?

2. Do you have an operator you have done this with?

Thanks

Hey Clueless, be sure to give us a detailed review if you end up fishing while on the island of Cozumel so we know what to expect from your charter and these waters at this time of year. I am going to start compyling a detailed log of all reviews from the different boats and captains in Cozumel to show the customers satisfaction with their charters. I've already asked fishon to do the same and I will start looking at past post to locate other reviews from other CC fishermen in Cozumel.

Our group will be in Cozumel in December and while most of us will be diving but several are interested in fishing. We have been to Cozumel many times but have never fished except during May - July. As Jim said it will mainly be bottom fishing but that is our priority in the Gulf as well so no problem there. Good Luck and Thanks for your help, earl.

Will be happy to post a review but right now this is looking like a big IF. Have had a nibble from another passenger on our ship about sharing the charter but they haven't actually taken the bait. If we can't find a share, we will reluctantly just visit a beach and do some snorkeling.

Cluless, you state there are four of you and some have posted here charters that will be less than $100 per person per day to go deep sea or bottom fishing. How much are you hoping to do this for? There are some smaller independent boats I might can refer you to, but you sacrafice a little comfort, like a working head (toilet) on board. Again, it all gets down to how much you are willing to pay to go fishing.

We can go a hundred per person but would rather not. No working head? No way. I'm sure that the four of us will work something out and some of the charters look just great. It's just "the more the merrier" mentality, ya know?

Once I hit 50 what I am able to do without became pretty clear. I'm not willing to do without a toilet! I have a vivid recollection of taking a group of youth out of town, unrolling my sleeping bag on the floor of a church classroom, lying down, putting my head on the pillow and thinking to myself, "I am never going to do this again!" Just some things in life that I was happy to do when I was younger that just don't cut the mustard anymore. hahaha!

Once I hit 50 what I am able to do without became pretty clear. I'm not willing to do without a toilet! I have a vivid recollection of taking a group of youth out of town, unrolling my sleeping bag on the floor of a church classroom, lying down, putting my head on the pillow and thinking to myself, "I am never going to do this again!" Just some things in life that I was happy to do when I was younger that just don't cut the mustard anymore. hahaha!

Amigo, I can relate to that completely. In Mexico it is not uncommon for those living inland to head to the beaches in the spring clost to Easter for some sun worshiping. Many will pile into a Volkswagen and use it for transportation as well as lodging on or near the beach. If I cannot afford a hotel room, I am staying home. I too have past the age of adventure and have become more accustomed to "comfort".

Archived