Carnival recipes same on each ship?

bluefins

We were on the Valor last April and I usually love Lobster Bisque, but this recipe I didn't care for. Do all Carnival ships go strictly by the recipe book or does each ship's chef add their own touch? We are booked on the Conquest next April, am wondering if I should try the bisque again or go with something else. I know I can order 2 things (bisque and something else), but I would hate to waste something if I know I don't like it. Thanks

I'm sure the chefs on each ship add their own unique touch to the basic recipes. I know I did!:) Probably sounds a bit strange, but we all have our little 'signatures'.

Just try the bisque. It's only a small serving, so you won't be being too wasteful if you don't care for it.

• 1 month later...
We were on the Valor last April and I usually love Lobster Bisque, but this recipe I didn't care for. Do all Carnival ships go strictly by the recipe book or does each ship's chef add their own touch? We are booked on the Conquest next April, am wondering if I should try the bisque again or go with something else. I know I can order 2 things (bisque and something else), but I would hate to waste something if I know I don't like it. Thanks

I've ordered the Lobster Bisque on each of my 4 cruises and they were ALL the same and I have had good Lobster Bisque and bad and I hate to say this, but Carnival's is the bad. Which is funny 'cause I like almost everything, BUT that which happens to be my favorite soup of all time. Oh well Que Sera Anna

Very recently off the Conquest, and I ordered the Lobster Bisque. I thought it was delightful, possibly better than the version I make - and that's pretty darn good!:D I ordered a second cup, I enjoyed it so much.

• 8 months later...

We sailed on the Conquest in 04. I remember trying the lobster bisque and liking it very much. Again every recipe may be a little different so of course give it another shot. Also try the pumpkin soup. I thought it was to die for. My wife also liked it. To me all of the soups I've treid on Carnival have been god. So enjoy and Bon Appetite!

While many years ago there was more variety from ship to ship, a lot of the items are now preprepared and only warmed on the ship. Especially with the lower end mass-market lines (NCL and Carnival).

My guess... the soup is most likely preprepared and therefore shouldn't vary at all from ship to ship. There used to be more variation from ship to ship but it's also more expensive and difficult to control. That's how you end up with spinach salad with no spinach, cesears salad with no romaine and other horrors of cooking. (And I won't even get into the coddled egg debate.)

While many years ago there was more variety from ship to ship, a lot of the items are now preprepared and only warmed on the ship. Especially with the lower end mass-market lines (NCL and Carnival).

Lower end?:p

I just went on the Carnival Fantasy on June 21st. I had been on the Carnival Conquest 2 times before. I had ordered some things on the Fantasy that I ate on the Conquest, the menu's were pretty much the same on both ships. The food seemed to taste the same. I would think they use the same recipe. I thought the food was delicious. I had the French Onion Soup and could have had another bowl. It was the best I ever had. I really wish I had the recipe or at least the ingredients that they put into it.

I have only been on Carnival Ships and I don't think they are low end. :D

Stacy

Archived