Single cabin?

gbfan06

Hi everyone! I'll be in Hawaii the first couple of weeks in October and have the flexibility in my schedule to take a 7 night cruise of the islands out of Honolulu. I've been to Hawaii several times before but have never gotten the opportunity to cruise the islands. I've checked multiple travel websites about the availability of a single occupancy cabin on one of the NCLA ships, however, the prices quoted are especially high. Just wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions or experience on how to book a single cabin and get a fair/reasonable price. I don't want to miss this opportunity, but I don't want to get fleeced. Thanks!

As an example, a cabin "rents" for $2k/week. The cruiseline compant doesn't care if there's one person in the cabin for a particular week - as long as they get their $2k.

I always travel by myself, so my cabin costs me $2k. You aren't being fleeced, that's just the way the cruise industry operates.

Occassionally you might find a deal where the "single suppliment" is 50% instead of the usual 100%; but not often.

Archived