Throwing anything overboard!

icemaiden2310

Was just browsing thru Maf101 Pacific sun newspapers when I noticed the bit they put in about not throwing anything overboard and I remember thinking fancy throwing rubbish ie cans cigarette butts etc overboard . How irresponisble I thought polluteing our beautiful ocean:mad: That was until that night at dinner the man next to me told me the most amazing story of what happened to him that day .He was up having a stroll around the ship first day at sea leaned over to have a look and whoosh his very expensive perscription glasses:cool: were gone:eek: A little while later he was telling a crew member they asked where he was at the time he lost them

15 minutes later the crewmember was back with his glasses that were covered in salt but all in one piece. Apparantly things get sucked into the lower decks if thrown over. Im glad it wasnt a ciggy butt:eek: So its not just pollution but safty as well I was amazed:D

... Apparantly things get sucked into the lower decks if thrown over. Im glad it wasnt a ciggy butt:eek: So its not just pollution but safty as well I was amazed:D

This reminded me of our very first cruise when we had just set sail ane we were strolling on an open deck enjoying a gorgeous sunset at sea.

A cigar butt sailed between us, followed by some ice cubes, both hitting the wall (oops, I mean bulkhead) behind us.

Taught us to be alert on open decks.

Not a big deal, but I wonder how many flick a spent butt seaward from the upper decks never thinking about the blowback?

Archived