Confused but with still "good " spirit ;)

Rafaella

Please, help me again -

after reading many comments on "free style dining" - I am CONFUSED... SO - do we need reservations to the "free regular restaurants " ( not talking about speciatly restaurants here, I know they need to be reserved...)????

If the answer is Yes to this, I am not sure how much would I like that idea. Hope, it is NOT gona be one hectic experience ;)

PS. HAL got me spoiled!

NCL dining is probably the most relaxed you will find - you decide when you want to eat and just turn up. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are available in the main dining rooms within set times, failing that there is the buffet & the pool grill etc if you are hungry in between. Speciality restaurants need to have reservations.

There's always somewhere almost 24hrs a day where you can get something to eat, and you can always order rooms service at no extra charge on a more limited menu.

Have fun!:)

Please, help me again -

after reading many comments on "free style dining" - I am CONFUSED... SO - do we need reservations to the "free regular restaurants " ( not talking about speciatly restaurants here, I know they need to be reserved...)????

If the answer is Yes to this, I am not sure how much would I like that idea. Hope, it is NOT gona be one hectic experience ;)

PS. HAL got me spoiled!

Unless you are in a large group, there is absolutely no need to make reservations for the dining rooms. Only the "specialty" restaurants require reservations. Some common sense is also required - on "lobster" (Captain's Dinner) night, do not turn up at 7PM (prime time) and expect to be seated immediately. On that night make a point of dining early or late unless you like waiting in lines. On our last cruise we arrived at 6PM on "lobster night" and were seated immediately but when we left (at about 7:15), there was a huge line. On all other nights we dined exactly when we felt like it (including prime time) - longest wait to be seated was 5 minutes. We were a group of three.

Please, help me again -

PS. HAL got me spoiled!

We were on the Spirit in August. We did not need to make reservations in the Main Dining Rooms. We were a party of 4. We ate on the early side 5:30-6:00 and did not have to wait.

If you are a person that wants to eat at the same time every night and at the same restaurant, you can make a reservation in the main (non-speciality) dining rooms to guarantee that you do not have to wait.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived