Dawn AE suite questions?

uneamie

We just recently booked our Western Caribbean cruise for 4/12/07 and we booked the "aft" AE Penthouse suite #9732. :D

My questions are these... how much bigger is the AE from the AF mini suite? We had the mini suite on our last cruise and found it adaquate but small for a mini suite compared to Carnivals huge mini suites. Hopefully the AE suite is much bigger. I know the square footage is more but I am not a good judge of that so I guess my question is....is the extra room noticeable and is it worth it?

Is the bathroom bigger in the AE Penthouse than the mini suite?

Is there more closet or storage space?

Is there storage under the queen bed?

Is there a coffee maker or is it just a hot water warmer?

If I ask nicely is there any chance I can get someone to open the divider on the balcony so we can use the side of it?

And, if they do open it for us are there any tricks to keeping the door from flapping around and making noise?

Finally....never ever had a butler before so are there any do's and don't's in what we should be expecting for this service. Like if we ask him or her to have our cloths pressed is it free or should we expect to pay for it?

Do we give him or her their tips at the end or in the beginning of the cruise?

We had an AC suite. They are basically the same as the AE with the location of the suite being the only difference. The bathrooms are basically the same as the AF. The sink/vanity is in the center, the bathtub on one side and the toilet compartment on the other. The area just outside the bathroom is different...its a dressing area. There is a double sided (lighted) closet (opens to the foyer on the other side) across from the bathroom door. Its pretty wide...dont know if its the same size as the AF. There is a multi-drawered unit in this space (next to the bathroom door)as well as a lighted vanity with a seat. Hope you have a great trip.

There is storage space under the bed for suitcases and such.

I don't believe they will open the divider to allow access to the corner space on the DAWN, but it is open on the STAR. It doesn't hurt to ask, of course.

There should be a book in the cabin with all the menus for the main dining rooms for the week, you can have the butler serve dinner in the cabin. There are also menus for the specialty restaurants which the butler can serve in your cabin, but you will be charged for these. The butler can also serve breakfast and lunch as well in the cabin. There will be a menu to fill out for breakfast, write in any items you don't see listed and they magically will prepare them for you. It seems that 99% of the time when we called room service our Butler delivered the items.

The Butler will deliver treats to the cabin at least once a day.

Tip the Butler at the end of the cruise, usually the last morning. Tip amount depends upon how much you use the Butler.

DCT61 and immargaret....thank you both for your info. ;)

I was hoping the bathroom was going to be a tad bigger but I guess it helps that there is a dressing area which the AF mini suites do not have.

I will have to make sure we use the Butler ( not use to being catered to ) for it seems that the room sizes are not signifcantly much bigger to warrant the extra cost. I think I can get use the special "room service", and breakfast on our balcony sounds much better than standing in line at the Garden Cafe and searching for a good table...we already have one in our cabin! :D

Archived