Lower price?

watchdiva

We booked in June for the Pearl 4/13/07 sailing - the rate was good and we got a $150 OBC during their sale of all sails. Well, the rate has dropped now almost $600/couple and when our TA tried to get us the lower rate, NCL states that we can get a lower rate but we will lose our OBC.

We don't understand why we should need to essentially cancel/rebook to get NCL to honor the lower rate posted on their own website?!

Can you tell us who we should be contacting at this point? We don't understand and wonder if you can shed some light on this - I seem to recall you having tons of experience getting your rate lowered!

Are we just not "getting it" - in other words, what are we missing?

Take the $600 and let the credit go. The obc credit was part of the old price. The new price is based on no obc. General rule if the new price is not better then the old price minus the credit no sense changing the booking.

I had book the Dawn for Feb 06 on the Sun in August 04. It was not until November that the price was better then the two combined. Giving up the credit saved me $83

You are asking to have your cake and eat it to. You want the new fare and the old fare perks - that option did not go into the new price. Take the net $450 before it goes away.

Be thankful they will let you rebook and have not restricted the price drop to new bookings only.

Take the $600 and let the credit go. The obc credit was part of the old price. The new price is based on no obc. General rule if the new price is not better then the old price minus the credit no sense changing the booking.

I had book the Dawn for Feb 06 on the Sun in August 04. It was not until November that the price was better then the two combined. Giving up the credit saved me $83

You are asking to have your cake and eat it to. You want the new fare and the old fare perks - that option did not go into the new price. Take the net $450 before it goes away.

Be thankful they will let you rebook and have not restricted the price drop to new bookings only.

Good advice:) I was going to say the same thing but was waiting for your answer. Sometimes "trying to beat the system" is more then it is worth and you may lose in the end.

Shoreguy:

I probably did not state this clearly - they are not offering to drop our rate by $600 - if they were, I'd drop that OBC in a nano-second!

My TA tells me that she was told today by NCL that they will drop our rate by a total of $145 AND we lose the OBC - with a net loss of -$5. That's what we couldn't understand.....

Maybe we're trying to compare oranges to apples - the rate on NCL's booking engine against the rate we got from the TA?

Shoreguy:

I probably did not state this clearly - they are not offering to drop our rate by $600 - if they were, I'd drop that OBC in a nano-second!

My TA tells me that she was told today by NCL that they will drop our rate by a total of $145 AND we lose the OBC - with a net loss of -$5. That's what we couldn't understand.....

Maybe we're trying to compare oranges to apples - the rate on NCL's booking engine against the rate we got from the TA?

Don`t know what the TA charged you. This is very confusing:confused:

Seahorse - to us as well. If we stick with our TA price, it comes out to $50 LESS than the full "book" rate currently showing on NCL. The OBC was from NCL not the TA.

At this point, we're going to stick with what we have I guess - the suite we want at the price we've paid.

Thanks for the input everyone...........after years of cruising with NCL this is the first time we ever saw such a rate drop this far out (7 months) and wanted to benefit from it. I'm sure the rates will rise/fall over the next months - think I'll just stop looking!

From what I understand, your cannot get the reduced-by-$600 fare from your current TA, even if you're willing to give up your current OBC. If that's so, I'd transfer my reservation FROM my current TA (who couldn't or WOULDN"T) get me the lower fare TO whatever TA has the lower fare.

Sometimes TAs do not want to match lower prices because it reduces their commission. You can change your TA up until you make final payment. Changing TAs is easy. You just have to set it up with the new TA to take over your reservation then notify NCL of the TA change. You can keep your current cabin and deposit -- only the TAs name should change on your reservation.

I'd say $450 difference now is worth the hassle. Future fares may or may not go down. Plus if your TA can't or won't get you the current reduction, then that TA won't get you any future reductions either.

Hmm...My theory here is that your TA got you a "great rate" to begin with in comparision to the NCL site rate. So when the rates go down NCL will only give your TA a percentage of the drop in price because they already gave them a discounted rate to begin with. That is why you did not get the full $600. Had you booked the cruise directly thru NCL's site then you would be able to get the full drop in price. Does that make sense? :confused:

In light of that....you come out ahead doing nothing because the new rate does not include the OBC.

I am still confused - are you saying the NCL direct price dropped $600 but the price you had was already better the old NCL price. If that is the case you are only going to get the new price not the value of the price drop.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: totally :D

Archived