Has anyone done the "mommy and Me" class on RCCL?

stbmom

Yes, we did on Explorer a couple of months ago. It was ok. It wasnt in the playroom, it was in a card room and very unorganized. But, it was a chance to meet others with under 3 year old children. It was by no means a "class" as advertised.

I did the class with my 7 month old and we loved it. We went on the Grandeur this past May. Ours was very structured play but layed back enough that you could take a break or leave with your child and return if you needed to. They open with a group song and then bring out a toy and show you how to interact with your child using the toy, then maybe 10 miinutes later thay bring another one and so on. It was a great way to see if your child likes the toys. Then they end with another group song. We went almost everyday. It was also a great way to meet others onboard who had babies/toddlers with similar ages. We had lots of fun.

My son love it. It was offered only once a day for 45 minutes and the time wasn't very convenient, but when we did go, he had a ball. Every 10 or 15 minutes they brought out new toys or activities. Dillon was 11 months old then (walking since he was 10 months) and he had a ball playing with the toys, the other kids, and the crew members!

Linda

I just did the class on the Freedom of the Seas and my DD 20 months loved it. We only went twice, because the time was at 10:00am and we were usually off the ship by then on a tour. On Sea days it was later in the afternoon. They did have open play from 3-5pm but that was usually when she was napping. They had some really neat Fischer Price toys to play with and it was nice to meet other mommy's and babies.

Archived