2 Prong or 3?

jherrin3

Greetings All!

We're getting ready for our big family cruise on the Enchantment in October, and I can't remember if the cabin electrical wall plugs are 2 prong, or the 3 prong type. Does anyone remember? (I need to get myself a hefty extension cord for all of our gadgets). Also, does anyone know if there is more than 1 outlet available in the oceanview cabins?

Thanks for your help!

Choirguy

so when the ship's power fluctuates, our stuff doesn't fry out. Another CC person had a fire with a regular extension cord & camera batteries charging. We have found 2 places to plug in, one on the desk & the other behind the bed in a D1 as we pull the lamp plug out but then learned we needed the lamp at night. 5 outlets is great for 2 toothbrushes, camera batteries, DH's CD/DVD copier of photos, & hair dryer (every other day)

Three prong power strip plugs in just fine next to the desk in the staterooms that I've been in. If you really want to make it easy, pick up one of the new octopus style plug strips, they make it much easier to plug in several of the wall wart style chargers that so many of todays electronics use. There's also a plug in the head above the sink, it's a little weird, since it's designed to operate either American 2 prong 110 Vac or European 220Vac type plugs.

Three prong power strip plugs in just fine next to the desk in the staterooms that I've been in. If you really want to make it easy, pick up one of the new octopus style plug strips, they make it much easier to plug in several of the wall wart style chargers that so many of todays electronics use. There's also a plug in the head above the sink, it's a little weird, since it's designed to operate either American 2 prong 110 Vac or European 220Vac type plugs.

That plug has been a shaver outlet on all the cruises we've been on, will not handle much power and only works when the bathroom light is on

Thanks everyone for the info and suggestions!

I'm glad they do have 3 prong outlets in the cabins as I'm always uncomfortable using those 3-2 prong adapters, especially when using alot of devices.

I remember seeing one of those "octopus" looking plugs, but I can't remember where it was, but I'm sure the local Wal-Mart or Target might have them.

Thanks!

:D

Choirguy

Archived