Menu items you love that Carnival should try?

rt63

I loved the favorite menu item thread, it got me salivating for my next cruise... but as I was thinking about my favorites, I remember some really great meals I've had in different parts of the world. So I'd like to nominate a few of my favorite meals (and snacks) that are NOT CURRENTLY ON CARNIVAL'S MENU (as far as I know)... are you listening, Georges Blanc and Carnival?

1. Roasted pork knuckle, german style - http://www.kitchenproject.com/german/recipes/EisBein.htm

2. Snacking olives and dates (great with a poolside beer)

3. Moroccan style pancakes served with honey, dates, figs, and orange preserves

4. Australian meat pies, Canadian Tourtiere, or the British steak & kidney pies... anything loaded with gravy and beef!

5. Real dim sum - steamed dumplings, rice, and assorted savory items

6. BBQ brisket

Anyone else care to add their favorites?

• Popcorn (pssst - serve it at Bingo and double the crowd)
  • Hot breakfast room service
  • Choucroute (gussied-up sauer kraut with pork cuts, sausages, etc.)
  • Belgian beers for sale, like Duvel, Kriek.
  • Curry dishes
  • I'll add another vote for Cotton's seafood gumbo, (tho' I haven't tasted it, I'm betting it's good)
  • Bananas Foster
  • Gâteau Ste. Honoré - my absolute favorite cake

Popcorn--you must have read my mind. On the Glory--they are very good about popping out little baskets of pretzel type snacks the few times I visited a bar. Popcorn would have been divine. And it is cheap.

The NCL Jewel has a seperate children's buffet in a section of their Lideo Deck. This helps speed the line because children--and their parents-- go there and not the main lines. Also some child less adults go there to get fish sticks, chicken strips, mac and cheese, cole slaw, corn dogs, french fries, cookies,pudding, spaghetti--other good simple stuff. I found myself there several times and my child is 25.

Lasagna at dinner.

Real Fried Chicken for dinner

slicked roast beef--well done

Spaghetti with meat balls at dinner

Ravioli at dinner

PrePared Hero Sandwiches which could be picked up to avoid long lines at lunch. ditto for cold salad tuna and chicken salad plates.

More fish and chips. More hamburgers. More french fries. More cookies like the wonderful ones they sell in Creams.

Overall--the food on Carnival is good. I feel piggish ordering several entres and threatened my DH. But the family we sat with ordered like mad and on Thursday night DH was unable to avoid a double order of shrimp. I still think it is hoggish and very not classy. If one is overcome with hungar after dinner, they could stagger up to the Buffet deck or the pool deck and there find a cure.

Hearing folks yell out "Bring me one of those too" when my single scoop of chocolate ice cream is served urked me good. I expect a cruise dinner to be a pleasant dining experience with my husband--not a descent into gluttony.

Archived