Playa Mia or Passion Beach?

Mrs.G

Which would you recommend for Cozumel? DH and I have been to Cozumel before but I shopped and he went deep sea fishing. For our upcoming Fascination cruise we want to go to a nice beach. Some friends who are going with us has never seen the beautiful waters of the caribbean so we want to make sure to go to the better of the two beaches. Thanks in advance guys!

DH and I just returned on Sept 2 from our cruise. We decided to go to Play Mia Beach this time round. It's a nice beach but very commercialized. There were lots of non motorized toys to play on at no extra cost. The bar and food service were great. Never had to leave your chair. They do provide form fitting chairs to lay in the sun on but comfy only if you want to lay on your back all day. Had to spread out my beach towel to lay on my tummy. They do have a nice pool when you first come in. However if you want to use the restroom and your on the far end of the beach, you have a nice little walk. The restrooms are close to the pool area. There are also lots of vendors when you're walking to the entrance and they do try to get you to buy. Hope this helps.

IMO. Paradise Beach club is better. I'm just not a fan of the All Inclusive thing that Playa Mia offers, it just isn't a good value unless you drink a fair amout (which I wouldn't). Plus, Playa Mia has a much greater potential for crowds as it is sold an excursion to the cruise ships.

Passion would be my second choice.

We just got back from Cozumel on the Grandeur of the Seas. The BEST day of our trip was the day we spent at Paradise Beach. The place is beautiful, the food is great and the staff is outstanding. My wife and two young daughters has a blast. We played on the iceberg, jumped on the trampoline and snorkled. The place was very safe and comfortable. We ate fantastic food and enjoyed the view. The staff was attentive and not pushy.

The only problem was that we did not have enough time in Paradise.

The 4 Baers......

Playa Mia was OK, but not what I would call Beautiful..

Getting past the forced vendor gauntlet coming in and leaving was painful if you aren't looking to buy anything. Practically dragging you

into their stalls as you walk past.

The drinks were OK with bargain brands and the food was fast food poor from the counter. The small pool was nice to rinse off in.

Snorkling was interesting for a shorline area and there are some small fish and lots of shells to be seen if you are new to this.

Its always entertaining to watch the drunks on the party barge boat come in and fall off of the dock when it drops people off there.

If you want to see a comparison of how well Animals in US zoos are kept, walk over to the tiny zoo garden thing they have near the entrance. Most people miss this and its pretty sad if you do walk thru.

• 1 month later...

Archived