Just curious

lovncruzn

My cruise is Sept. 25 and I got my obc this morning. Just give it a try! What a blessing.

I will be on the same cruise. Please tell me how you got OBC. Does it have to be for a certain room category? Did you book through at PVP or TA?

Originally Posted by gescn

We leave in 13 days on the Ecstasy...$53.80 per person in an oceanview. If you factor in my daughter's (3rd person=less expensive) fare, it comes to $47.80. Just keep watching for price reductions--we booked at $379 and now have a $200+ OBC!

I don't get it either - they did not say how they got the credit, or what it was for. I am skeptical.

Saltydingo, don't be skeptical, here's what happened:

We booked at 379 pp plus 179 for the 3rd person, included insurance at 59 pp plus 39 for the 3rd, and port fees of 20.25 each = total of 1154.75. This was booking at a past guest rate. Then, the price dropped twice, to 269 pp (plus 229 for the 3rd, but they didn't raise her rate when giving OBC). So, now we have 269 twice plus 179, and still the 59/59/39 for insurance and 20.25 three times for fees which is a total of 934.75. Subtract to find the difference and you will see our $220. in OBC. When I figured the cost of the cruise per person per day, I only used the actual fare (269/269/179) to get a rate of 47.80 pppd. I apologize if this was confusing or seemed deceptive. The 934.75 divided by 3 perople and divided by 5 days comes to 61.32 pppd, which is still an exceptional bargain, considering that it includes insurance!!

Originally Posted by gescn

We leave in 13 days on the Ecstasy...$53.80 per person in an oceanview. If you factor in my daughter's (3rd person=less expensive) fare, it comes to $47.80. Just keep watching for price reductions--we booked at $379 and now have a $200+ OBC!

I don't get it either - they did not say how they got the credit, or what it was for. I am skeptical.

Saltydingo, don't be skeptical, here's what happened:

We booked at 379 pp plus 179 for the 3rd person, included insurance at 59 pp plus 39 for the 3rd, and port fees of 20.25 each = total of 1154.75. This was booking at a past guest rate. Then, the price dropped twice, to 269 pp (plus 229 for the 3rd, but they didn't raise her rate when giving OBC). So, now we have 269 twice plus 179, and still the 59/59/39 for insurance and 20.25 three times for fees which is a total of 934.75. Subtract to find the difference and you will see our $220. in OBC. When I figured the cost of the cruise per person per day, I only used the actual fare (269/269/179) to get a rate of 47.80 pppd. I apologize if this was confusing or seemed deceptive. The 934.75 divided by 3 perople and divided by 5 days comes to 61.32 pppd, which is still an exceptional bargain, considering that it includes insurance!!

I think that is where the confusion was... it sounded like you paid that per person... for the cruise. Now that you explain that was per person, per day... it makes more sense. I think the original question was just per person, so when you gave that rate, it sounded WAY better, LOL!!!

I think that is where the confusion was... it sounded like you paid that per person... for the cruise. Now that you explain that was per person, per day... it makes more sense. I think the original question was just per person, so when you gave that rate, it sounded WAY better, LOL!!!

Yeah, GC, I'm still puzzled over LHPs price. It sounds as if they're all cruising for $6.80 per person per day! I guess I'll just give up trying to figure that one out........:rolleyes:

Yeah, GC, I'm still puzzled over LHPs price. It sounds as if they're all cruising for $6.80 per person per day! I guess I'll just give up trying to figure that one out........:rolleyes:

I think combined with their interline rate, plus the OBC they got for the storm, it just worked out... that's what it sounds like. Very rarely do you hear of deals like that! LOL!!

My Best friend and I are paying $283.00 for a cat12 on the Fantasy for Oct 5, 4 nights.....but that is after our 50% off due to Katrina last year and $140 OBC due to price drop....We think that is a darn good deal :p

Tina

Tina how did you get that great deal? I just recently re-booked my cruise b/c of Katrina and only received a $100 onboard credit per person.

I booked a solo rate on the Celebration for $254+ tax (included port charges). Two days ago the price dropped - it is a 55+ price - and now I am paying $164 + tax for the 5 night cruise. Now this is for the entire cruise - not per night. I think that is the best deal I can get for a solo! I am 5 weeks out so I asked them to pre-pay my gratuities ($50) and give me a $40 credit. They credited my credit card. I was expecting an OBC - but hey - who cares?

Here is how I got the lower price - I called my Carnival PVP and asked about the price reduction - he transfered me to a supervisor (I had to wait on hold for a little while). The supervisor looked up my booking and said - yes the price has dropped, would you like to upgrade for only $20 more? I said no, I like the cabin I chose - so she gave me the $90 credit. I am in a 1A cabin with two portholes.

Thanks CC and Carnival! :D

Here is how I got the lower price - I called my Carnival PVP and asked about the price reduction - he transfered me to a supervisor (I had to wait on hold for a little while). The supervisor looked up my booking and said - yes the price has dropped, would you like to upgrade for only $20 more? I said no, I like the cabin I chose - so she gave me the $90 credit. I am in a 1A cabin with two portholes.

Thanks CC and Carnival! :D

But here it goes anyways what is Carnival PVP ? & do they have the main # located on the website? If not can I get the # so I can do the same too!

Sheila:o

But here it goes anyways what is Carnival PVP ? & do they have the main # located on the website? If not can I get the # so I can do the same too!

Sheila:o

PVP - Personal Vacation Planner

I book all my cruises with Carnival and my PVP was assigned to me by Carnival, so I call him about all my bookings. If you booked direct with Carnival call them and ask about the price reduction. If you booked with a travel agent, you will need to call your TA and ask.

Hope this helps!:)

Archived