Tiami Five Star Catamaran & Turtles in barbados

MelanieH

My husband and I went on the Tiami Five Star Catamaran and Turtle Snorkel in October 2006 and we loved it. We made our reservation through Carnival. Our first stop was to swim with the turtles - it was amazing - they swim all around you and you can touch them. It started raining on our second stop to snorkel and my husband and I drifted quite far away from the cat without realizing it. The guides swam next to me all the way back to the boat in case I needed saving! They did rescue one lady - the waves were pretty big coming in on top of us -but it was warm and I felt safe with the guide next to me. We were supposed to have lunch on a beach but the rain changed that so they fed us on the catamaran. The food was great, flying fish and chicken, salad, rolls. We also had an open bar with a terrific bartender. Because it was raining, they took us around to the other side of the island, where unbelievably it was not raining, so we could get off the cat and swim/walk on the beach. My husband and I ventured on down the beach to where it was more private and enjoyed the beautiful water. We noticed that one of the crew had a pitcher of rum punch and he was walking through the water filling everyone's cups, so we swam back near the boat to get some rum punch which we drank while playing in the water! Too soon it was time to leave our peaceful beach. Back on the cat we had more drinks and there was music and some dancing. We enjoyed the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen and brought back the best pictures of our cruise!

The only down side of this excusion was that there were approximately 70 people on the cat. During our swim with the turtles it was very crowded in the water. The crew was amazing and so attentive to everyone on board. I absolutely recommend this excursion, but be at the catamaran early so you can choose where you want to sit - it is large and there are inside and outside areas to sit in.

My husband and I went on the Tiami Five Star Catamaran and Turtle Snorkel in October 2006 and we loved it. We made our reservation through Carnival. Our first stop was to swim with the turtles - it was amazing - they swim all around you and you can touch them. It started raining on our second stop to snorkel and my husband and I drifted quite far away from the cat without realizing it. The guides swam next to me all the way back to the boat in case I needed saving! They did rescue one lady - the waves were pretty big coming in on top of us -but it was warm and I felt safe with the guide next to me. We were supposed to have lunch on a beach but the rain changed that so they fed us on the catamaran. The food was great, flying fish and chicken, salad, rolls. We also had an open bar with a terrific bartender. Because it was raining, they took us around to the other side of the island, where unbelievably it was not raining, so we could get off the cat and swim/walk on the beach. My husband and I ventured on down the beach to where it was more private and enjoyed the beautiful water. We noticed that one of the crew had a pitcher of rum punch and he was walking through the water filling everyone's cups, so we swam back near the boat to get some rum punch which we drank while playing in the water! Too soon it was time to leave our peaceful beach. Back on the cat we had more drinks and there was music and some dancing. We enjoyed the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen and brought back the best pictures of our cruise!

The only down side of this excusion was that there were approximately 70 people on the cat. During our swim with the turtles it was very crowded in the water. The crew was amazing and so attentive to everyone on board. I absolutely recommend this excursion, but be at the catamaran early so you can choose where you want to sit - it is large and there are inside and outside areas to sit in.

Archived