Take a minute, today, to reflect.

Ships R Great

This is not meant, in any way, to be political so don't flame. As I type I hear a plane go overhead. I can't help but think of those other planes five years ago. My DH just came in from lowering our flag to half mast.

Today is a sad day for all of us. There are many families who are suffering with memories of what could have been. Can we all offer a prayer for them and for our country and for those brave men and women who are putting themselves at risk far from home?

God bless them, and us, and the USA!

My dh just called. We are trying to decide whether to take a Celebrity cruise in five weeks or not. He was driving by the airport as we were talking, and mentioned how different the airports were five years ago.

Remembering 9/11 always brings tears to my eyes, and I still have nightmares about falling.

I think taking time to reflect and remember today is very appropriate. No matter what our daily chores are today, that memory is still there. Even the weather is the same today: crisp and sunny.

God bless the USA, the families who lost loved ones, and our troops.

Shay

Yes, I agree. Today take a moment today and not only pray for those who were taken from us that day, 5 years ago but for the ones left behind that lost their loved ones and for our incredible military that fight for and defend our freedom that we have today.

Archived