Question to Cruise Critic Gurus

desicruiser

:confused: I have booked on Inspiration salilng on 09-25. I have booked on ^d ocean view, Aftter I booked cruise price has gone down...I talked to my TA about adjusting the price.. she talked to Carnival and they told her they will do the price adjustment but will down grade me from 6D to ocean view gurantee. I can save 500 $ by doing that. I am traveling with 2 kids... ( 4yrs. and 2 yrs old)... Please suggest....

Being your first cruise, you wont have a comparison to go by, so i say take the money unless you have your heart set on the specific room you have assigned. The rooms on the different decks are no different other than location and by going back to guarantee, you possibly could end up in a better situation, but no worse being you will still have an OV room.

:confused: I have booked on Inspiration salilng on 09-25. I have booked on ^d ocean view, Aftter I booked cruise price has gone down...I talked to my TA about adjusting the price.. she talked to Carnival and they told her they will do the price adjustment but will down grade me from 6D to ocean view gurantee. I can save 500 $ by doing that. I am traveling with 2 kids... ( 4yrs. and 2 yrs old)... Please suggest....

I agree with gr81 on this one... Since it is your first cruise, I am guessing you won't be sitting there going "and to think I could have had this on X deck instead of Y deck midship vs. fore or aft" . If they would have countered with a downgrade to an interior I personally would have thought really long and hard about it because of the kids. I'll bet looking out the window at the ocean and while in port will provide some neat entertainment to the four year old, and probably the 2 year old also.

That said, $500.00 is pretty good incentive to take their offer. You may still get an 6D, and even a 5A isn't too shabby on the lowest end of the OV spectrum.

Let us know what you decide:)

Yep, that's a LOT of $$ I would have a hard time walking away. The Inspiration is a wonderful ship, and you and your family will have a great time on board, no matter where you end up. Besides, you will be spending most of your time outside of your cabin, right? As long as you still get an ocean view, then go for it. We had a cabin with the portholes, cat. 5A - it was cool - the porthole area is kinda like a window-seat. It is a cubby hole area about 4 foot wide by 2 foot deep by 2 foot tall. I am 5'1" and I fit in there perfectly to look out. The kids will love it if you end up with one of those. :D

Archived