POH Dining Questions

CruiseAddict58

I really hate bringing up this topic again; however, I saved an old post that had excellent information on the dining choices on the POH and somehow it got deleted. I've spent hours trying to locate that on previous threads, but the info is so contradictory and so many people answer by saying "someone told me" or "I heard." I really want to hear from people that have "been there, done that!"

I need a listing of all the evening dining options and the cost for the ones that are not free. I'm trying to prepare a list for our group so that whoever gets on the ship first will be able to make all the reservations for the 6 of us for each night.

I know that jeans are not allowed in the (2) main dining rooms at night. What about the specialty restaurants?

We have always taken several formal choices, but after reading post of these boards, I really get the idea that this will be the most casual cruise we have taken.

Again, thanks in advance for any information you can share and I do apologize for bringing the "dining" info subject up again. I promise not to lose the info this time. :)

766798989_TickertoHawaii.png.017892e7e15808a20ca2fab5e063031a.png

I didn't eat at any of the speciality restaurants but I can give you the facts per my 9/4/06 Freestyle Daily:

Papa's Italian Kitchen and Paniolo Tapas & Salsa do not have a cover charge.

Le Bistro, Jasmine Garden, Shabu Shabu, and Sushi Bar have $10 cover charges.

Cagney's Steakhouse has a $15 cover charge.

Teppanyaki has a $20 cover charge.

If you cancel a reservation with less than 24 hours of notice in one of the resaturants with a cover charge, there's a $5 fee (all numbers above are per person).

This was my 5th cruise and it was by far the most casual one I've been on. I like to dress up and was more dressed up on nonformal nights than 2500 of the passengers were on formal night (seriously, I was counting those that were formally decked out and it was few and far between). If you want to dress up, don't let it discourage you. Your cruise is what you make of it! They do say they do not allow jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cutoffs, tank tops, flip flops, etc. in any of the restaurants for dinner (except the buffet). I only counted one instance of this not being followed.

Archived