Tours Mediterranean Sailing on the Galaxy

Missy123

We are sailing on the Galaxy in Oct (Mediterranean). Any suggestions on private tours? We are staying in Rome 1 day prior to sailing. Of course we want to go to the Vatican.

Also, what are comments on Celebrity shore excursions-good, bad, worth the money, or should we go it on our own?? Thanks!:)

If you look on the ports threads you'll find lots of advice. Don't know whether you are eastern or western med - if eastern, my advice would be to go for cruise excursions in Greece (it seems the private taxi tours do not have licensed guides and so cannot guide you around the historic sites - we wasted our day in Rhodes as a result), but there are excellent private guides in Turkey. When booking the guides, I would also tell the whether you want to shop. We had a great guide in Kusadasi but his company had told him to take us to a carpet factory - we had a lovely free lunch but found it uncomfortable because, having visited Turkey several times, we did not want another carpet!

My husband and I just returned from the Mediterranean on the Galaxy. It was the most amazing trip. I would recommend highly the excursions through the ship, particularly Florence on Your Own, Monaco and Nice on your own. We did the Taormina and Mt Edna, my only complaint was there wasn't much time in Taormina to shop and look around. Next time I would Taormina On Your Own. We did not book a tour for Santorini...however in Mykonos we did the tour to Delos, which was great. We stayed in Rome for an extra day and used a tour company called Bob's Limos in Rome. They were ok---very reliable. I would definitely recommend a tour in Rome, particularly for the Vatican. Happy Cruising!!

I am on that tour in Oct (17th). I've scheduled a tour for the day with the following provider. I found a great review of his services from the boards a couple of months ago.

Below is the website and email address:

Claudio Caponera

http://www.limoinrome.com

claudio@limoinrome.com

Alicia

32 days to the cruise! Yipppeeeeeeee!

Archived