Guarantee Beds

denisehlg

If I booked an inside guarantee what are the chances that I'd get stuck with an upper & lower rather than twins that convert into the bigger bed? I don't think my husband would be thrilled to walk into our room on our first vacation without kiddos and find bunk beds.

If I booked an inside guarantee what are the chances that I'd get stuck with an upper & lower rather than twins that convert into the bigger bed? I don't think my husband would be thrilled to walk into our room on our first vacation without kiddos and find bunk beds.

We always book inside Gaurentee and speceficly tell our TA that we want 2 lower bunks. We have never had a problem.

I think a 1a gaurentee and a inside gaurentee are different, not really sure.

If your worried call your TA and make sure to specify what you don't want. HTH

As the others posted, confirm with your travel agent what was booked. An inside guarantee is at least a 4A or higher category.

4As have the two beds that convert to a queen. If your beds are still configured separately, let your cabin steward know you want them together.

Only 1As have the upper and lower. On some ships the 1As have two lower beds.

Most likely your agent booked the 4A inside guarantee.

Most likely your agent booked the 4A inside guarantee.

Not necessarily. My guess would be it was a IS guarantee, not a 4A guarantee. As far as I know they are identical expect for the fact that a 4A guarantee costs more. If there is any other difference, I've never been able to determine what it is.

There is also a 1A guarantee. Though it's the same price as the IS guarantee as far as I've ever noticed, it is different since with that you can be assigned a 1A cabin with bunks. However, I've recently read here that on some ships the 1As don't have bunks, they have two movable beds the same as the 4A cabins. On those ships, a 1A guantantee and a IS guarantee are the same thing, and a 4A guarantee is also the same thing but at a higher price.

For some reason, you can't book an IS guarantee with airfare included from Carnival, but you can book a 1A guarantee or a 4A guarantee with air. Maybe that's the difference.

Archived