Galaxy 1206...good cabin?

judyush

Am about to book and have been offered this cabin (1206) on sky deck or a number of others on penthouse deck. I know there is a golf simulator above sky deck can I expect any noise from this? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Judy

We were on Century last November in SS 1205. It also apparently had the golf simulator up top. Never were we aware. We loved the location - so close to going down one deck to the cafe and close to pool area. We are sailing on Galaxy in SS 1202 for two cruises next May so that tells you how we feel about the location and the huge verandah. I hope this puts your mind at ease and gets you even more excited about your top deck suite!

Thanks Ferrets and Sailorgirl. I've actually booked cabin 1210 because of your comments on the size of the balcony. Although I have been advised by Celebrity that sky suites have two different size balconies. 69 sq ft and 179 sq ft. I am assuming you must have had the the larger of the two. Cant get any definite info from X as to size of 1210. I'm sure it will be fab.

Sailing transatlantic from San Juan to Italy May 2007 and I am so excited. Like a kid on Xmas eve. Heard so much good stuff about Celebrity. Hoping to share views news and opinions etc with everyone out there over the coming months. Once again thanks.

Thanks Ferrets and Sailorgirl. I've actually booked cabin 1210 because of your comments on the size of the balcony. Although I have been advised by Celebrity that sky suites have two different size balconies. 69 sq ft and 179 sq ft. I am assuming you must have had the the larger of the two. Cant get any definite info from X as to size of 1210. I'm sure it will be fab.

Sailing transatlantic from San Juan to Italy May 2007 and I am so excited. Like a kid on Xmas eve. Heard so much good stuff about Celebrity. Hoping to share views news and opinions etc with everyone out there over the coming months. Once again thanks.

That's so funny..I have the same question, but on the Galaxy! I just booked 1210 yesterday, but was curious about the size of the balcony. It looks smaller than others on deck 12, but bigger than the ones on lower decks. And, no one from Celebrity can give me a definite answer. I am just hoping it's bigger than 69 sq. ft!! Have a great cruise!!

1206 has a wonderful balcony with a slight corner cut which makes it very convenient to sit in the chaise lounge looking forward and watch the world wisk by.

1210 is the same size as 1206 but with a corner cut allowing you to look aft.

Both are GREAT locations on the sky deck with wonderful verandas.

jusyush, My recommendation is for you to do like all good cruisecritic members do. Log on to cruisecritic.com everyday and go along with us through the cruise phases.

1. planning
  2. anticipation
  3. cruise

You'll meet a lot of very nice people along the way and it does help to pass the time.

ALSO, you need to go to this thread:

May 1 Galaxy Transatlantic San Juan to Rome

and meet the others who are on the same cruise as you. You'll need to get that thread a little more active.:D

Enjoy your planning and anticipation phases. I'm sure you'll love the cruise.

jusyush, My recommendation is for you to do like all good cruisecritic members do. Log on to cruisecritic.com everyday and go along with us through the cruise phases.

1. planning
  2. anticipation
  3. cruise

You'll meet a lot of very nice people along the way and it does help to pass the time.

ALSO, you need to go to this thread:

May 1 Galaxy Transatlantic San Juan to Rome

and meet the others who are on the same cruise as you. You'll need to get that thread a little more active.:D

Enjoy your planning and anticipation phases. I'm sure you'll love the cruise.

Try this thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=378992 To meet others on your sailing.

I know you are all referring to the Sky Suites on the Sky Deck but are the Concierge Class balconies on the Sky Deck also larger than the rest? Just yesterday I put room 1240 on hold for the May 14th sailing on the Galaxy to the Greek Isles. I've been thinking about booking that instead of the Princess cruise I'm currently planning and a larger balcony would definitely help me make my mind up.

Archived