Shipboard Account Question

spcl4cs_gal

This goes out to those who pre-pay their shipboard account...when you have a refund coming your way and you are told that it will be credited to your credit card, how long does it usually take on average for this to happen? Just curious...it's been a month now and I am still waiting for my refund from NCL. :(

I didnt know you could prepay on your shipboard account

:confused:

Yes you can buy using the gift form on HALs website. You fill it out as if it is a gift from you to yourself. Pay by credit card and you won't need to deal with it at the pier.

Yes you can buy using the gift form on HALs website. You fill it out as if it is a gift from you to yourself. Pay by credit card and you won't need to deal with it at the pier.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you dealing with NCL or HAL? I'm not sure about NCL, but HAL usually takes a few weeks if you're getting a refund to a checking account (via debit card). Not sure if you've already taken your cruise. Usually if you use a credit card for your ship credit, they don't actually charge the card until your purchased something. Therefore, you wouldn't be getting a "return" becuase they don't charge the total amount, just what you actually spend. At least, this is what I've researched about this topic.

I'm sure this isn't as clear as I would like it to be.

I usually recommend waiting 1-2 billing cycles on the credit card statement before contacting the cruise line. It takes a few days to process the charges or credits and sometimes that time line is in conflict with your credit card statement timeline. It might hit your credit card right as the month's statement is sent out to you. But, 1-2 months should be more than enough time for the paperwork to reach your balance and credit.

Best Regards,

Julia

Wait, I'm confused. Are you dealing with NCL or HAL? I'm not sure about NCL, but HAL usually takes a few weeks if you're getting a refund to a checking account (via debit card). Not sure if you've already taken your cruise. Usually if you use a credit card for your ship credit, they don't actually charge the card until your purchased something. Therefore, you wouldn't be getting a "return" becuase they don't charge the total amount, just what you actually spend. At least, this is what I've researched about this topic.

I'm sure this isn't as clear as I would like it to be.

No, this problem is with NCL's accounting department but I wanted to ask my question on this board where I normally hangout. Before my cruise last month they debited $500 from my credit card to cover my shipboard account and at the end of my cruise I had $180 left over that they told me they would refund back to my cc. My TA called them yesterday and found out that the person who was supposed to have done the refund "had not finished the job" and that has been the delay. Not finished the job?? What kind of people do they have working for them I wonder. I have no problems like this when it comes to HAL.

No, this problem is with NCL's accounting department but I wanted to ask my question on this board where I normally hangout. Before my cruise last month they debited $500 from my credit card to cover my shipboard account and at the end of my cruise I had $180 left over that they told me they would refund back to my cc. My TA called them yesterday and found out that the person who was supposed to have done the refund "had not finished the job" and that has been the delay. Not finished the job?? What kind of people do they have working for them I wonder. I have no problems like this when it comes to HAL.

Well, like the father in the Bible, I'm sure HAL would welcome you back to its passenger list with open arms. :D ;)

I hope things work out for you! I also hope you aren't paying a high APR on that $180. :eek: Good luck with everything!

Are you saying on here that HAL charge credit cards before you actually spend anything on their ships? Surely they cannot do that in advance?

No, HAL doesn't do that, but apparantly NCL does.

Unless you are purchasing a ship board credit for someone as a gift. Then I'm sure its charged and the refund given to the passenger (if there is one ;) )

Unless you are purchasing a ship board credit for someone as a gift. Then I'm sure its charged and the refund given to the passenger (if there is one ;) )

Thank goodness for that, that had me sweating for a bit. NOt so funny when you are using a currency much lower than US and currency fluctuations good totally blow your budget. I will remember never to book on NCL.

Thank goodness for that, had me sweating for a bit. NOt so funny when you are using a currency much lower value than US and currency fluctuations could totally blow your budget. I will remember never to book on NCL.

Archived