Aurora

heywood

Hello,

I have just been spoiled on QM2 transatlantic and am now looking to next year. We have cruised previously with Celebrity (Galaxy) and Royal Caribbean (Splendour of the Seas) both of these were in the Med. Celebrity was perhaps equal to QM2 but I also liked the enrichment programme very much on QM2. On previous occasions people have spoken highly of P & O - they like me being English.

I like the look of Aurora's Adriatic Cruise- lots of interesting places. Can anyone tell me what I might expect? The reviews I have seen indicate jaded entertainment. I don't want too English an experience but would like something good and value for money- the particular cruise is quite expensive.

Thanks very much

heywood

Personally, having been on both P&O, & Celebrity, I think P&O is very much an English experience.

I'm in my 30s, & much prefer Celebrity :)

As you can see from my siggy, I am going on Aurora in November, but that was a case of right cruise, right price. I am also going on Constellation in May, & have paid more for that cruise, because I think the Celebrity cruise experience warrants the higher price.

I have cruised on Aurora a few times. She is a beautiful ship with lots of balcony cabins at a reasonable price. Very British with a high proportion of Brits as she sails out of Southampton. Not known for the quality of her lecture program and, as you say, the entertainment is not up to much. Food is fine but again angled for British tastes although they do great curries at lunch. I suspect the food is better on celebrity although I have not sailed on that line. In brief, a lovely smart ship, good atmosphere, good service, good value for money.

Archived