Room "upgrade" or "downgrade"?

libtech75

I booked a deck 8 CC cabin on Millenium. I was about to make final payment with my TA today when he told me that the Veranda Guarantee was available for $1400 LESS (for two people so $700 less per person).

He told me he that at that kind of savings, the CC was no way worth the amenties but of course that was ultimately my decision. We went through alot of trouble to pick our cabin and I was really looking forward to the CC amenities, especially the better linens, pillows and breakfast menu, but I cannot really justify any of those items for $700 per person either. I am just worried though, if I can get screwed somehow with a poor cabin.

Also, I see that the W Guarantees for the Sky Suite is only $50 more than my CC Cabin rate per person.

What would you recommend? How does the Sky Suite compare with a CC Cabin? And would you risk getting a Verandah guarantee and possibly a poorly located cabin for the big price difference?

We were in 8169 (CC) on our Med cruise last Sept. I also was very careful about choosing the cabin as I really wanted to be on deck 8 .... it was a really good location and the perks of the CC cabin were very nice.

But $700. pp is a huge savings - and I would agree with your TA. However, I would also fear getting the worst verandah cabin on the ship if I went with a guarantee.

You can have a lot of fun with $1400 that will make up for the lost amenities in the CC cabin. I think it really comes down to how much $1400 means to you and what your tolerance level is for a poorly located cabin. I think I would keep the money and hope for the best with the guarantee. Actually I would probably rather not know about the offer and not have to make the decision if I was happy with my first choice.

When you are in the Med, daylight hours will be fairly short, so you may not be on the verandah that much, other than on sea days.

Archived