Security Question

JKen2

I will be cruising on the POH on 9/25/06. Normally the ship would dock overnight in Maui, but on this sailing it does not. It travels from Lahaina, Maui and docks the next morning in Kahului, Maui. If I choose not to board the ship in Lahaina and stay over night in Maui will I encounter any security problems getting back onto the ship the following day? We really wanted to take part in the sunrise biking down the volcano which requires a 3:00AM pick up. I have already contacted NCL and I am waiting for a response.

An interesting question. I'm sure Shoreguy will have the information.

I bet you probably could. On the big island, NCL used to offer an overnight tour that left the ship in Hilo, spent the night in the mountains and then met the ship the next day in Kona. Of course that was an NCL sponsored excursion.

I think it would be fine. You/they aren't violating the passenger services act and there's no reason that you "have" to be on the ship overnight. However, if you just don't show up that would be a problem, IMO, because you would be considered "missing" and that can set up a whole set of other problems. If you make sure that the ship's staff knows you will be off the ship overnight, then I can't imagine it would be a problem. I'm just not sure who would need to know besides security (and it would be simple courtesy to tell your cabin steward). Other than that, have a great overnight on Maui.

beachchick

Archived