Port Canaveral Transportation

ToddWelch

I just tried to search for this topic and didn't have much luck. If this is dealt with in another area....please let me know.

I am wondering about transportation options to Port Canaveral for the Glory...from Orlando Airport. I am aware of the Carnival Transfer option and I have searched the internet for some car services. I was wondering about two things....

1. Does anyone recommend any particular car service?

2. Are there any rental car options....where you can rent a car in Orlando at the Airport and return it the next day in Port Canaveral. We did this in FLL and MIA and it worked great.

Thanks

Todd

We used basik transporation in august. Picked us up on time and our driver ,who was also the owner elmo was very friendly and funny . On way back his daughter was our driver also very friendly For the 10 of us it was $190 round trip .This was the cheapest rate i found. There # is 1-877-459-1177

we are also using enterprise rental for price of $46.00 on Oct 5 and there are providing drop off at port...I am just hoping that we dont have to wait forever for someone to take us to the ship....we arrive at airport at 9:30 and want to be on the ship by Noon!! its the whole reason we are doing to car rental instead of Carnival transfers....

Tina

I just got back from cruise out of Port Canaveral. I flew in very late the night before and stayed at Wingate. On the internet I found Tropicana Transport. $35 round trip. Picks you up at airport or hotel. Very nice driver and was there right on time both at the hotel and ship. Gets to ship to pick up at 8:00 and leaves at 10:00. I was off the ship before 8:00 and since the people he was taking to MCO were ready also, we left at 8:15 and at airport by 9:00. Unfortunately, I had 5 hours before flight.

Avis has a rental shop at the Radison in Port Canaveral. We rented a one way car from Orlando to Avis and back again. They have a shuttle that will take you and pick you up from the cruising terminals.

This gave us the flexability to do NASA on the way back.

Thank you for your great information as this was the next item that had to be checked off my list for our upcoming Elation Cruise.

We are a party of 8. I phoned Basik Transport and spoke with Emilio. He was fabulous and promised to drive our group himself.

The cost of $190 round trip for all of us is excellent as we will only be paying $23.75 each return. Less than half of Carnival rates.

Iv'e kept this contact in my online favourites folder for future use.

Thanks again :D

Archived