Paradise Beach - Cozumel How to Book Excursion??

MonkeySea

Hi,

I have heard so many good things about Paradise beach in Cozumel and I want to book an excursion to go there in December. I am traveling on the Conquest and when I look at the excursions offered by carnival, there is nothing there about Paradise Beach. Any info? Is this something I have to do on my own? Will there be other excursions offered that are different than the ones on the website? Any help would be appreciated

cab fare is $13.00 each way from the mid town dock. doesn't cost anything to get in, water toys are around $8.00 or so. they do ask that you order something if using the loungers and umbrellas. the nachos are great. very nice beach. fury catamarran offers a snorkel trip from the pier at pb. it leaves @1230 and returns @ 230pm. cost is $35.00 pp with drinks included. we just went last week and had a very good time.

We have been to Paradise Beach twice and loved it both times. Cozumel is one of those ports that is very user and tourist friendly. Other than the taxis driving a little fast (which my youngest son LOVES) .... there is nothing difficult to do in Cozumel.

When you tender in....(or dock if you get that lucky) you will see a line of taxis willing to take you anywhere you heart desires. (generally $12 -14 one way for the taxi ~ not per person) Just grab and cab and tell them Paradise Beach. Be sure to bring your beach towel from the ship, but KEEP UP WITH IT...you lose it...you pay for it.

As soon as you arrive, select a shaded table, lounger or any spot not already taken. They do not charge a cover charge or any charge for the use of their chairs, loungers, tables etc. All they ask is that you purchase food or drink (or both ~ which are wonderful). There is a wristband that you can buy for $8 per person...if you want to use their non-motorized water toys for the day. This is optional. We don't ever use them, but many do.

They do take credit card. And don't freak out if you see one drink is $52.50. That is pecos....about $5.25 American. You can pay cash or use the ole credit card. The bank will convert the pecos to American when they process the transaction.

Tom is the manager there. He is usually around after 12 noon. Very nice and helpful if you have any questions.

When you get ready to head back to the ship....there has always been a few taxis waiting in the parking lot. However, should you walk out there and none are in sight...not to worry. Tom (or his crew) can hail one for you toot-sweet.

Be sure to keep your watch on ship's time....and don't leave any later than an hour before the ship sails. It can take some time to get tendered back to the ship.

We always do a beach day at Cozumel. It is the only place I have actually had a frozen marq. for breakfast at 9:15AM. I don't swim. I just sit in the shade with my feet playing in the sand (drink in hand) and relax.

Have a great time!!!

They do take credit card.

Great post! I just want to add that they DO NOT take American Express so if you want to use a credit card keep that in mind.

Also....if you want to take out equipment such as snorkel gear or kayak they do ask for you to leave them a credit card until you return the stuff. so even if you are not paying with a credit card you should bring one (and not Amex :) )

Great post! I just want to add that they DO NOT take American Express so if you want to use a credit card keep that in mind.

Also....if you want to take out equipment such as snorkel gear or kayak they do ask for you to leave them a credit card until you return the stuff. so even if you are not paying with a credit card you should bring one (and not Amex :) )

They have taken my Amex a few times... then again, that is for goods... I've never tried at the bar. They have to do it manually, but they did do it...

Beware of some of the cab drivers. After entering the cab & asking to go to Paradise Beach...some will try to get you to go to other beaches instead......like Mr Sanchez or Playa Mia. All are located nearby but must be some payoffs being offered.:rolleyes: Just tell them NO.

Love PB. Cleaniest restrooms in Coz. Friendliest staff, good food, excellent massages, beautiful place, along with great service. Who could ask for anything more. :D

Beware of some of the cab drivers. After entering the cab & asking to go to Paradise Beach...some will try to get you to go to other beaches instead......like Mr Sanchez or Playa Mia. All are located nearby but must be some payoffs being offered.:rolleyes: Just tell them NO.

Love PB. Cleaniest restrooms in Coz. Friendliest staff, good food, excellent massages, beautiful place, along with great service. Who could ask for anything more. :D

I agree! We have been on 16 cruises, and have been to Cozumel several times. Two weeks ago was our first time to Paradise Beach...we have been missing out!

We had perfect weather, the ocean was so beautiful! And warm! We had two servings of their nachos. I had 4 frozen Margaritas, the first one being for breakfast at about 9:00 a.m. ... yummmmm ...morning Margaritas!!!!! Our waiter was Eric...excellent service! And I had a 30 minute massage....Wow!

What a perfect day....While I got my massage Jimmy Buffet music was playing....The girl that gave me my massage was so good, I actually toned out every bit of noise around me ... the only thing that I could hear was Jimmy Buffet and the sounds of the ocean....beautiful!!!!!! Can't wait to go back there!

Cruzn

They have taken my Amex a few times... then again, that is for goods... I've never tried at the bar. They have to do it manually, but they did do it...

Maybe they have updated their policy. I had read in several threads on the Ports of Call boards about the Amex thing HOWEVER I still managed to show up there with only my Amex :rolleyes: they would not take it for food or to hold the kayaks. I had cash with me AND was spending the day there with freinds from a Cruise Critic Roll Call so between those I was able to enjoy the day without worries. That was back in '03 (:eek: ) so maybe it has changed.

I have not been on the Cozumel Boards in a while. Paradise Tom used to post there so if someone only has an Amex I would suggest asking over on the Coz boards

cab fare is $13.00 each way from the mid town dock. doesn't cost anything to get in, water toys are around $8.00 or so. they do ask that you order something if using the loungers and umbrellas. the nachos are great. very nice beach. fury catamarran offers a snorkel trip from the pier at pb. it leaves @1230 and returns @ 230pm. cost is $35.00 pp with drinks included. we just went last week and had a very good time.

Have been to PB many times and love it !

Thanks for the info on the snorkel times and cost---did you see a lot of fish ?

ALso what kind of drinks were served ?

Thanks !

Maybe they have updated their policy. I had read in several threads on the Ports of Call boards about the Amex thing HOWEVER I still managed to show up there with only my Amex :rolleyes: they would not take it for food or to hold the kayaks. I had cash with me AND was spending the day there with freinds from a Cruise Critic Roll Call so between those I was able to enjoy the day without worries. That was back in '03 (:eek: ) so maybe it has changed.

I have not been on the Cozumel Boards in a while. Paradise Tom used to post there so if someone only has an Amex I would suggest asking over on the Coz boards

I emailed Tom to check... last time I used mine there was February of last year... and I used it in October 2004. Now, it wasn't easy as they don't have the automated machines, but they took it. We go there as often as we can, and will be back next month, so I'll know for sure then :D

I emailed Tom to check... last time I used mine there was February of last year... and I used it in October 2004. Now, it wasn't easy as they don't have the automated machines, but they took it. We go there as often as we can, and will be back next month, so I'll know for sure then :D

GREAT!!! Inquiring minds want to know!!!

I love it there! In Jan we were diverted to Costa Maya - which was also fabulous! My next cruise in Nov will be Panama, Costa Rica and Belize but hopefully a port stop in Coz is not to long off for me !!

Archived