Keeping up holiday spirit while at sea...

I think they decorate for Thanksgiving and I KNOW they do for New Years. We've been on two Christmas cruises and the staff and activities always reflect the season -- even for those celebrating Hannakuh. The decorations on Mariner have always been beautiful -- not too thrilled with the wilted poinsettias on Celebrity. I'm sure they will still be up for New Years and they will probably have a special dinner menu - they always did for Christmas and a special Christmas Eve buffet. Enjoy!

Lucky you:) . I have always wanted to go on a New Year's cruise. If you have any special traditions that you can incorporate into your cruise that will help maintain the spirit. I have a light up Santa that has been lit every year since I was born (yes, they did have electricity back then) and the years that we have spent Christmas away at other family member's homes I have always brought it with me. The same with my daughter's special stocking, which she now puts up in her own home. So, if there are any special cookies or beverages or decorations you use, see if there's a way you can bring some of them with you.

Have some wonderful holidays. Maybe you'll start a new tradition of celebrating on the high seas:) .

Archived