Voyager Out Of New Jersey

Mac

Just Wondering If Any One Has Taken The Voyager Out Of New Jersey Yet. Were Booked For September 10th 9 Day To The Carribean. Would Like To Know How The Sailing Was And The Port? This Is Our 3rd Time On The Ship But Never Out Of Jersey, Always Out Of Florida. Any Information Would Be Very Much Appriciated.

Mac,

We left out of Bayonne on June 12th (the Empress) everything went very smoothly. It took about 1/2 hr from arriveing at the port, dropping off luggage, checking in and boarding the ship.

I actually just changed next years res from the Explorer to the Voyager so we could leave out of Bayonne.

Sorry I can't give you any info on the Voyager, but anything else you need to know about the port just ask.

Have a great trip :)

JTSfink

Mac- Parking is right at the port, first you drop your luggage off then drive around the buildings into the parking lot, (the cost is $12.00 per day) and then you take the shuttle bus back to the terminal (no charge)

Where are you driving from, we drove from the Pocono's and it took us just under an hour and a half, it's very easy to get there.

Let me know how the Voyager is and the trip as we will be taking the same in June

JTSfink

Jtsfink

We Are Driving From Up-state New York, Around The Albany Area, It Will Probabley Take Us About 4 Hours. This Is Our First Driving, We Usually Go Out Of Florida, A Few Time's Out Of P.r. Not Crazy About P.r. Airfort. I Have Been On This Ship Twice Before, Also The Explorer And Just Got Off The Mariner In March, No Matter What Ship You Take They Are Similare But Yet A Little Different, They Are All Such Beautiful Ships. The Staff Has Always Been So Pleasant. Any Questions Just Ask, Thank You For All Your Info.. This Is The First Since April That I Have Been On, I Have To Get Use To The New Boards........

Mac: Just went through this decision :o myself. In my case, I am taking a bus from Hartford, provided by RCCL, which goes right to the port at Bayonne. The cost is $65 round trip. If you click onto http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com you will see a link to an article about Cape Liberty, which is worth printing out. It has all the info you'll ever need about reaching the ship. It lists the cities to which a bus is provided -- in my case the baggage handling was a big issue, and the bus is an unbeatable bargain. This article provides a map too. Incidentally, we will be on the same voyage on the Voyager on 9/10!!

Mac,

We just sailed on the Empress of the Seas and I was really not all that happy with it. I hope the Voyager will turn out better.

Four hour drive :eek:, I guess it will be easier then flying to FL.

It seems that there will be a little more to do on board the ship for our daughter then there was on the Empress as well as more dinning options. We also had a small cabin with four people in it, next on the Voyager we have a balcony cabin with three people so that should also be better.

Let me know if there is anything I should be sure to do or see on the Voyager.

Thanks

Jackie

To Marialivia......thank You For The Site I Will Check It Out.....did You Book Your Cruise Yet? I Know The Ship Isent Full Yet, Always Been On A 7 Day Never A 9.

To Jackie:

The Voyager Is A Much Bigger Ship, How Old Is Your Daughter, There Is So Much To Do For Children As Well As Adults. They Have Kid's Programs, Rock Climbing Wall, Skating Ring, Gym, Roller Blade Track, Mini Golf And Much More. Many Options For Dinner, Theres The Dinning Room, Windjammer Buffett Style But Everything From Soup To Nuts, Johnny Rockets, Portofino(expensive) Pizza,sandwhiches, Cookies, You Will Love The Attrium Its Like A Little Mall With Stores, Bars, Pizza Shop. 2 Formal Nights, The Shows When We Were On Were Very Good. Must See The Skating Show, It's Very Good And On Such Small Ice. I Got Very Spoiled With A Balcony Room, Had One For 3. The Bed From The Celling Comes Down And It's A Very Nice Size. You To Will Get Spoiled. Any Other Questions Let Me Know.

Mac,

Thanks, my daughter will be 13 by next June, it sounds like there will be plenty to keep her as well as DH and myself busy, I can't wait :). I have cabin #1388 which I was told is a really nice cabin (with a balcony :D)

we really missed having a balcony on the Empress.

Thanks for all the info

Jackie

Never Been To Freefort Only Nasa, I Hope They Don't Cancel, They Canceled Labadee In March Which We Kinda New But They Never Replaced It, Never Told Anyone Until They Were On Ship, People Were Mad Because They Never Gave Us Another Port, Had Another Sea Day.

Mac,

We just sailed on the Empress of the Seas and I was really not all that happy with it. I hope the Voyager will turn out better.

Four hour drive :eek:, I guess it will be easier then flying to FL.

It seems that there will be a little more to do on board the ship for our daughter then there was on the Empress as well as more dinning options. We also had a small cabin with four people in it, next on the Voyager we have a balcony cabin with three people so that should also be better.

Let me know if there is anything I should be sure to do or see on the Voyager.

Thanks

Jackie

Jackie,

The difference between the Empress and Voyager class ships is like the difference between Niagra Falls (Voyager) and Bushkill Falls (Empress)

Mac: Yes, our cruise is booked and all paid for -- I just got the "Paid" receipt today!! The entire process of deciding, calling a TA, hashing it out (one phone call) and then sending the deposit was all done in just a couple of days. Looking forward to it but after reading some of these postings I'm dreading (somewhat) the getting on and off the ship. No problem at all on my two previous cruises, though. Once I'm in that port my dread will disappear. Have a wonderful cruise! :rolleyes:

Hi Marialivia,

My boyfriend and I are on the 9-10 Voyager cruise also. We are also taking the RCI bus, I believe we are going to be on the same bus as you, we are leaving from Providence RI and I believe all the other stops for the bus are in CT. Come on over an join us at the roll call board!

Sandy & Joe

Hi Marialivia,

My boyfriend and I are on the 9-10 Voyager cruise also. We are also taking the RCI bus, I believe we are going to be on the same bus as you, we are leaving from Providence RI and I believe all the other stops for the bus are in CT. Come on over an join us at the roll call board!

Sandy & Joe

I look forward to seeing you!! As I wrote in a previous posting, Pawtucket is my "hometown"! Born and bred there, lived in the Woodlawn section but have lived elsewhere in RI (Warwick) for most of my adult life. Moved to Conn. last October when I retired, in order to be near family. I may get on that bus by myself, or my friend may be with me. We haven't finalized that yet but have all the information.

However, I do not yet have the documents which tell me what time the bus arrives. Do you know that yet? Hartford is less than 2 hrs. from Providence.

I think I have already been on the Roll call board. Thanks!! ML

Have Not Signed Up Yet For Meet And Mingle, But Will Do It Soon. Dose Anyone Know How Many People Signed Up Yet? What Excursions Is Everyone Doing? I Have Not Signed Up For Any Yet, Still Undecided. Would Love To Do One Of The Dolphin Swims They Are My Favorit.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Marialivia,

Sandy & Joe

Hi Sandy & Joe: Do you know yet what time the bus leaves Providence? I asked my TA, who told me that she wouldn't know until she gets the documents. I need to coordinate my arrival with my friend, who is joining us from NJ. Thanks!! :)

Archived