Late Traditional Dining on Coral

bamaman

We will be on the Coral Princess to Panama Canal in December and currently have the 8:15 p.m. Traditional Dining Seating. I am concerned that the late seating will cause us to miss some of the evening shows. Can anyone who has sailed the Coral help us know if that is the case? Also, how is the wait for Anytime Dining on the Coral if you don't make reservations? Seems that reservations would defeat the purpose of "Anytime" dining.

Thank you.

I was on the Coral Panama in Late April 2006. After the first 2 evenings, there was a noticable decrease in the number of full tables in the Late Traditional Dining. Actually 4 of the 7 at my table used Anytime Dining for 2 evenings, returned to Traditional for the second formal evening and then did Anytime for the rest of the cruise. If you see in the morning that there's going to be a time conflict with a show, try the Anytime Dining for that evening. Certainly no one said anything to that party & we never noticed anyone being turned away because they had missed a night. After all, you would miss a night if you chose to do the buffet or if you were simply not feeling well and had a light meal in your room. Nor did I hear anyone complain that they were turned away from Anytime Dining. Just avoid the first one or two evenings when they are checking cards & that the time when there seemed to be wait line.

Our Maitre d' predicted that Princess would end Traditional Dining because Alternative and the Buffet had more consistent appeal.

I also realized that if you check the Buffet you are apt to see the entrees listed on the Dinner Menu and also more variety in choice. If I had been traveling with a companion, we would have done the buffet on a number of evenings -- the Princess Dinner Menu doesn't seem to have changed much since our first sailing on her @ 5 years ago which means predictability and resulting boredom & also, I felt, it doesn't reflect current food fashion -- however, the Traditional Dining provided dining companionship which was a priority for me.

Archived