I Defected Too

superjerryw

Another poster named Dr. Cocktail reported having a terrific cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. It appears that I was on that same sailing of the Dawn and had an equally good time. I wrote a review comparing the Dawn to a Radiance class ship from Royal Caribbean which would be equal to a Millennium class ship on Celebrity. If you're interested, here's a link to my review -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=413056

NCL Dawn was my first cruise...

I really enjoyed her... would I sail her again... definately... do I expect different things from different lines???? of course...

I think that the "art" in cruising is determining what to expect... and then making the best of whatever you encounter....

After cruising on the Summit & Zenith, we defected to NCL Spirit.:eek: What were we thinking? Upon our return from that cruise, We cancelled a cruise on the Dawn for 11/27/06 & booked on the Constellation for 11/7/06 . Home were we belong!!!!;)

This is an SOS: Help! I must decide between Zenith and Norwegian Dawn for my Christmas cruise...final payment is due in 3 days. They are both 11 day Caribbean cruises. Anyone out there Who has sailed both ships? Thanks for any comments you may have. Diane

This is an SOS: Help! I must decide between Zenith and Norwegian Dawn for my Christmas cruise...final payment is due in 3 days. They are both 11 day Caribbean cruises. Anyone out there Who has sailed both ships? Thanks for any comments you may have. Diane

Check the replies on my defection thread on the Royal Caribbean board.

Thanks for your review. We are trying the NCL Star in October after 15 cruises on other lines. It is a sister ship to the Dawn. I'm sure we will have a great time...even have an aft balcony to enjoy. Looking forward to freestyle and the entertainment.

Honestly, there are some things that I won't compromise on, and therefore limit my choices. Freestyle dining is of absolutely no interest to me. We love the concept of assigned seating and formal nights, so NCL is not an option for us. I know that they have assigned dining, but based on many comments on these boards, it seems that it is not always provided by request. It is a key element to my cruise experience so it's not worth risking.

I agree that it's great to try other lines, and there is no reason for people to not want to try and even go ahead an enjoy other cruiselines. We, however know what we like in a cruise and think that Celebrity meets our needs. We would never "flame" or criticize someone for selecting another line. It's great that you have so many choices.

Archived